shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: July PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge

July PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge

Welcome to the New Progressive Scrap Challenge
    hosted by myself, Darlene of Studio4 Designworks
    and Vicki of Dana's Footprint Designs.

The object is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So here's how it will work.

On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.

The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a prompt’s results, you’re finished. Don’t change your work for that particular prompt.)

At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!

It’s fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. It’s more fun that way!

I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself - Darlene (Studio4 Designworks) and Dana of Dana's Footprint Designs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So to recap - here's the order:

1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.

2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.

3. Once you've posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.

4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, it’s fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.

5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due - this will be every three days.

6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery HERE.

7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!

8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.

9. This challenge counts towards the Scrappping 7 Challenge!

Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done. It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done!

So I'll leave this with you for a bit, think about some photos that might work well with CELEBRATE SUMMER, and I'll be back a little later in the day to give you your first prompt! HAVE FUN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

ARE YOU ALL READY FOR YOUR FIRST PROMPT?? Here we go . . .

Monday, July 1st:

PROMPT 1: Download the first zip file and pick out 4 papers. Download HERE.
    Place one as a background, 2 others anywhere you like, at any size - cropped if you want to 3/4 or 1/2 size. You can place them on an angle or square on - your choice. For your 4th paper cut out a strip that is about 2" wide x 12" long and place it either horizontally or vertically where you think it will make a nice divide for your papers.

Post your first prompt in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Thursday, July 4th:

PROMPT 2: Download the second zip file HERE. You now need to find a photo as well. You have two frames in this stash. Pick one, either the squarish one or the oval. Place this somewhere along the 2" x 12" strip of paper - two times. You can place them square on, or on an angle, depending how you see if will fit well with your papers you've placed. Now I want to to take your photo and create a duplicate of it, one will be colour, one will be black and white. Convert one to greyscale. You may add a sepia tone, or single colour channel to it if you like, to match your papers. I want you to place each photo inside the frames. It does not have to be an exact fit and you can place it on an angle if you like. You have the option of putting a paper block behind each of your frames, or one paper block behind all to tie them in, or leave them as is. You have all the papers already. You have two other ellies in the stash, place them where you like. They are bigger ellies, so only use them once in your layout.

Post your Prompt 2 layout in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing! Have your layout posted for Prompt Two to the gallery by Sunday, July 7th, 4pm EST

Prompt 3 will be placed here Sunday evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Sunday, July 7th:

PROMPT 3: Download the third zip file HERE. This is going to be a fairly easy prompt. You have 4 ellies in your download. Place them wherever you want. You can duplicate 2 of the items up to 4 times. You may re-colour 1 element also if you feel it fits into your layout better.

Post your Prompt 3 layout in the gallery and then back here so we can all have a looky-boo! Have your layout posted for Prompt Three to the gallery by Wednesday, July 10th, 4pm EST

Prompt 4 will be placed here Wednesday evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, July 10th:

PROMPT 4: Download the third zip file HERE. This is also is going to be a fairly easy prompt. I'm calling it "freelancing"! You have 5 ellies in your download. Place them wherever you want. You can duplicate any of the items 2 times. You may re-colour 1 element also if you feel it fits into your layout better.

Post your Prompt 4 layout in the gallery and then back here so we can all have a looky-boo! Have your layout posted for Prompt Three to the gallery by
    Saturday, July 13th, 4pm EST

Prompt 5 will be placed here Saturday evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Saturday, July 13th:

PROMPT 5: Download the fith zip file HERE. You have 5 ellies in your download. Place them wherever you want. You can duplicate 3 of the items up to 3 times. You may re-colour 1 element also if you fee it fits into your layout better.
    Post your Prompt 5 layout in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing! Have your layout posted for Prompt Five to the gallery by

Tuesday, July 16th, 4pm EST

Prompt 6 will be placed here Tuesday evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, July 16th:

PROMPT 6
    : Download the sixth and final zip file HERE. You have 5 ellies in your download. Again, place them wherever you want. There are no duplicating of elements this round - you can only use each one - one time. I'm sure that's not going to be a problem as we've been filling up our pages pretty darned well already! You have the option to add either a title or a caption for your photos. Do any shadow work you would like if you have not done so before, but no moving of any previously placed ellies.

Post your Prompt 6 layout in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy your final creation! You have until Saturday, July 20th to finish and post your layout.

For those of you who would like to participate in a Quick Page exchange, we will do that once all the layouts are posted and we've established who would like to participate! We should have a nice group of pages and be done well before the end of the month. I will post instructions on that on the weekend.

Thanks for playing along - the layouts look so great already, I can't wait for the final product!!
    Last edited by Darlene Currie; 07-16-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Count me in Darlene, I love progressive scrap!
    Vicki, I feel a little bit younger to play with you in this challenge, lol!
    I'm so happy to meet my teacher again!
    cath

Wow! I love this Darlene!! What a great Challenge! Thanks for hosting.

Yes! One of my favorite challenges!
    Thanks for hosting Darlene and Vicki

Love the kit you made together, can't wait for the first step
    creative greetings,

5. I will try to keep up :-)

Proud to be CTM for Created by Jill and ViolaMoni

looks like fun- count me in please -let the games begin ggggg

What a cute posting bonus. I already have pics ready....I celebrated summer early this year! :)
    Let's start scrapping!

8. I'm going to give this a try! Hope to be able to keep up. It sounds like fun!

This sounds like an awesome challenge Darlene! Love the kit we will receive!
    I'm in!

I've done the first prompt, but I had a head start, I already had the first download! LOL!