shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How have I missed these!?

How have I missed these!?

Ok, I have never pretended to know a whole lot about Photoshop, BUT I just discovered actions! I have heard other scrappers refer to them, but I've never really paid attention or tried them myself. WELL, let me tell you something: ACTIONS ROCK!! I have been trying out some free ones today AND making my own for the things I do all the time.

So if you're like me, and haven't tried actions yet, DO IT!! You won't regret it. What a time saver!!

There's a tutorial on using actions here that was written by Amy (alfenner) if you want to get started.

Do any of you ladies who use actions have any favorites that I should look into getting?

Thanks!

Sara

I love actions too!!! They save so much time!

Where do you find ACTIONS to download, can you advise me on this.
    Thanks
    Cmnicol

Never used actions. Maybe I should start looking into it... - when I have more time... :-)

5. I just discovered them too. They ROCK!! Helen just posted a link to panosfx.com and there were a ton of wonderful ones there. If you google for free photoshop actions you'll get lots of hits too. I'll post more sites if I find them. Good luck!!

I have found alot of actions for free, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to put them... I downloaded this one for teeth whitening, but I cant use it cause I dont know where to put it...presets? plug-ins? Previews? Can someone tell me where I put them...LOL In a nice manner! hahaha

In photoshop it doesn't matter so much where you store them. With the action menu open you click the three line icon (in CS3) and choose 'load action' from the menu - then select one from where ever you stored it. They stay in your menu too so you don't have to keep reloading them.

Hope you can understand me. I'm not very good at descibing these technical things. ;)

I know I keep my action files with my digi scrapping files so I can keep track of what I have.

Actions

Will Actions work on Elements 5. That is the program I have and I have nver tried an action....Thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cmnicol View Post
    Will Actions work on Elements 5. That is the program I have and I have nver tried an action....Thanks Chris
    Yes, actions work with PSE5. To load them in to your program, you do the following: Go to whereever you have your program saved, so for me this would be: Computer>C:\>Program Data>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>5.0>Photo Creations>Special Effects>Photo Effects> (once here, create a folder for your actions (if you are loading Atomic Cupcake actions name it AC actions or something); save the action (.atn files) and the .psd for the action in the folder. Next time you open your program, all your actions should appear in your Special Effects palette, under Photo Effects.
    Last edited by amyleigh1204; 10-23-2007 at 01:42 PM. Reason: added info
    AmyLeigh

I agree, actions are so cool! I tried some for the first time a few days ago. I sat there watching it go through all these steps thinking, I would never know how to do that on my own, I'm not even sure what it is doing. And when it was done, there was a little sticker just waiting to be put on a page. :o)