shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: >>>4/13 Speed Scrap HERE with Andrea<<<

>>>4/13 Speed Scrap HERE with Andrea<<<

My speed scrap is starting in about 15 minutes in the chat room. Instructions will be posted in the chat room and here. Layout links should be posted here. You will have until Midnight Eastern time to post your layout here and finish the steps to the speed scrap! Let me know if you have any questions. I will give a $4 coupon to anyone who completes the challenge! The steps will be posted below:

Step 1: Choose two photos and two background papers. You may use any scrapkit that you have.

Step 2: Start a new layout and place one of your papers as the background layer. Overlap the other layer at 50% off the background layer so the overlap area goes over the center of the layout either horizontally or vertically.

Step 3: Choose two different shapes for your photos and clip the photos onto the shapes.

Step 4: Place the shaped photos over the overlap area for the papers which should be in the center of your page. The photos need to be touching.

Step 5: Add four different pieces of background element behind your photos. At least one of these should be some type of foliage (leaves, twigs, etc). Other background elments can include flowers, mats, rubons, doodles etc. Arrange the elements behind the paper. You may duplicate them if you want.

Step 6: Add eight pieces of foreground elements (things that go above your photo layers.) These can be arranged anywhere you want and need to include at least two ribbons and one string item. Add shadows and finishing touches to your layout.

Step 7: Add some journaling for the page that explains what the photos are about. Look in your stash for some date element items...stamps, cards etc. used especially for dating layouts. Try to use some kind of date item from your stash.

Make sure to post a link to your layout here. Participation gifts will be sent out on Monday. :)
    Last edited by Andrea; 04-13-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Thanks for the fun speed scrap Andrea!! I added a few more ellies I think... but I'm a major cluster addict lol!!

Visit my STORE!

Well, got mine done on time...

Decided to go with a vertical division on my page.

I couldn't find my date elements... turns out the one I had was for trips... not dates. So I made my own date element with tags and font.

Thanks for a fun chat and wonderful speed scrap, Andrea.

A Memory Forever

Thanks for the fun Andrea! Here is my layout!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. Thanks Andrea for hosting. I had to add a few extra elements to try and balance it out. Credits in gallery.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...r-2013&cat=927

Here's my layout for the speed scrap.

MOA

Background papers, butterflies - What Could Be - Studio 4 Design Works
    Ribbons, flowers, leaves - Citrus Summer - GDS July 2012 Collab kit
    March stamp - Shapely Months - Scrap 'n Sassy Designs
    String - My Blue Heaven - Dana's Footprint Digital Designs
    Font: Black Jack
    Journaling reads: David, Lindsey, Owen, Karen and Gavin at Mall of America Amusement Park 3/20/13

8. Hi Andrea, I got problem here, I can't upload my layout into the galleries. It is said that the memories is exhausted tough I never upload any layout before and my photo size is under the limits. Can someone help me cause I got the same problem before when I tried to upload my LO.

9. Quote Originally Posted by ka77hy View Post
    Hi Andrea, I got problem here, I can't upload my layout into the galleries. It is said that the memories is exhausted tough I never upload any layout before and my photo size is under the limits. Can someone help me cause I got the same problem before when I tried to upload my LO.
    This happened to someone else the other day. Can you try uploading via a different browser? I have to use IE to upload to FB but I use Safari for everything else.

I hope this helps.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by ka77hy View Post
    Hi Andrea, I got problem here, I can't upload my layout into the galleries. It is said that the memories is exhausted tough I never upload any layout before and my photo size is under the limits. Can someone help me cause I got the same problem before when I tried to upload my LO.
    When uploading to the Gallery, make sure you are not putting any descriptions in on the first page. You can put your title, then upload your layout, and put the descriptions on the next page.