shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GDS products question

Question GDS products question

It's been awhile since I've scrapped & I can't remember - What is considered a "GDS product"? I have TONS of stuff that I bought a couple years ago & was wondering if it's still considered GDS even though the designers have retired or left this site? Also, what if the designer is still here but the kit itself is retired? Is that still considered a GDS product?

I'm trying to do the challenges & for some of them I need a certain amount of GDS product so I'm trying to determine which kits I can still use. Any help is appreciated!

Michelle

Both would still be considered GDS products if the product was purchased here from a present or prior GDS Designer.

Thanks, Debra... I had wondered about that also.

Super question, and wonderful answer!

Thanks for asking the question Michelle - I always wondered about that too.

6. And one of the reasons my GDS folder is the largest folder on my hard drive :)

7. I came to the forums with this question and have a second. Since I can't find the kit, which seems to be a collaboration of "Once Upon a Time" I can't link to it. So would I put the designer's names in the credits or in the description?

Quote Originally Posted by 33bells View Post
    I came to the forums with this question and have a second. Since I can't find the kit, which seems to be a collaboration of "Once Upon a Time" I can't link to it. So would I put the designer's names in the credits or in the description?
    A GDS customer appreciation collab kit just needs the name of the kit and month & year to be listed... no need to list every designer who contributed to the kit. Usually on GDS customer appreciation kit, they will have a preview inside the folders that has both name and month/year of the kit. Use that in the credits....[i.e.... Renew GDS Collab Jan 2013 .... as an example of how to list it]. If it is no longer in the store under Collaboration--> Customer Appreciation kit..... then just list that the kit is no longer available.

Note: if it is a collaboration kit with only a few designers [not one of the GDS Customer Appreciation collabs] it would be good list the kit name and all the designers names also. I have several kits that have 2 or 3 designers who created the kit and I list all the names even if I only use products made by one of them as the kit may only be in one of the designers' shop.

I did look for the "Once Upon A Time" collab... and did not locate it. I did locate a designer's mini that said it was once part of a GDS collab.

I believe Once Upon A Time was a Collection of kits by different designers from Sept 2009. I have two of those collections and they are from former designers, Dancing Princess Designs and Snowflake Beach Designs.

10. Thanks for the information. I had the same experience and only found two or three parts of the collection still offered, none the ones I used.

Bright Eyes I'm trying to get my foggy head around your post which is full of good information. Not sure I have the year and month because I didn't know to look for it. Will look next time. I did my best by listing information in the description part.

Thank you.
    Peggy