shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lyrical Challenge for January

Hybrid View

Lyrical Challenge for January

Welcome to the Lyrical Challenge for January.

Since it is the start of a New Year, we will be using a theme of: NEW. It can a new beginning, new hobby, new job.... etc. Find a song with lyrics that help describe what "NEW" you are featuring in your layout.

Remember this is a Lyrical Challenge so you should have some of the lyrics or song title on your page.

Please list the song title and who wrote or preformed it in the gallery description for your page. As a courtesy, we give credit to the author/composer. Thanks.

Can't wait to see the wonderful layouts you will create this month.

The rules for the challenge
    (1) Your layout must be unique, and can only be used for this challenge.
    (2) Your layout also counts as one entry towards the January Scrappin' 7 Challenge.
    (3) Use of GDS products is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
    (4) Please post your layout in the Lyrical Challenge Gallery HERE
    (5) Come back here and post the image of the page you created, and link it to your page in the gallery so we can all leave you some love!
    (6) HAVE FUN!

I will have a bonus for all who particiapte in this challenge by posting and linking their creations here. Please be sure to credit the designer's kit/s when you post to the gallery.

This challenge runs through January 31.

Do you all know how to link your images back to the gallery? .. If not, have a look HERE

Also... here's how to assign keywords to your layouts to give the credit back to the designer.
    Last edited by Bright Eyes; 01-11-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Here is my page - featuring "A Brand New Morning" - lyrics by Barry Mann and Cythina Wiel.

I chose a photo of sunrise to fit the lyrics of the song.

Really looking forward to all your pages and songs this month.

I will come up with something ;-)
    creative greetings,

If I can find enough time, I will join this challenge :-)
    So, hopefully... to be continued

Thanks for this lovely challenge.
    I know it is not exactly what you meant with 'new' but when I googled on a song with 'new' in it, I saw this one.
    And because I just purchased this beautiful "WorldTravel NewYork" from Keystone Scraps, I hd to make this LO! ;-)

image is linked to the gallery
    creative greetings,

LOL, Els.... It is GREAT.... it has the word "NEW" in it... 'New York, New York'. It fact, I had even considered using that song/lyrics if I had not found the one I did.

Love the New York skyline element. Terrific page!

Found the word 'new' in one of my fav songs 'Morning has Broken'. It is on youtube if anyone wants to listen.
    Here is mine: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...broken&cat=524

[IMG][/IMG]

Georgeous photo of a sunrise, Glonet! Love that song. Makes you feel so warm and safe inside. Great job on the challenge. So glad you played along with us this month.

What a fun challenge this month! Here's mine:

Thanks for hosting!

Children certainly have a whole New World to explore. Adorable page and photos. Glad you could join us this month.