shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January Sketch/Template Challenge w/Andrea

Exclamation Help

Trying to post link or layout but keep having problems. I'm saving at 600x600, saving a .jpg. Have tried "Save for web" & saving normal. It's posting to my gallery, but not always the challenge gallery. Then I am copying the URL to the file, coming into the Forum, clicking the picture icon (looks like mountains) in the reply box, pasting the URL. Then I get a box with an X instead of my LO. The first time this happened, I copied the URL again & edited my post & it was okay. Last time, I had to edit 2x before it would even put the link & this time it won't even put a link.

What to do???

Quote Originally Posted by Nanscraps View Post
    right now my computer is telling me it is a 3 hour download. I will try again later, must be a bad connection somewhere.
    I had a similar problem earlier this week while downloading the template. I thought "well everyone at GDS is downloading this template... I'll better come back later"
    A few minutes later I tried again and without further problems.
    It must have been a 'traffic jam' or something.

3. Problems downloading

What a lovely template and a great challenge. I'm also having trouble downloading the template. I've been trying for about 5 hours, using several different browsers, and it is so slow that it keeps giving me error messages.

Any suggestions?

Cher

That's the problem with me also: it says 1 hour and 30 minutes and that's at 1%...
    creative greetings,

I'm working on figuring out what the problem is with this. I'm so sorry. I'll let you know when I have figured it out.

I've changed the link to an ftp link. Your browser should pop up and ask you for a username and password to download. Just enter it as above without the quotations. Let me know if this option works better.

7. Thank you for trying to fix the download problem. It didn't work for me. Even with ftp my Internet Explorer download window said the file cannot be downloaded. Perhaps the zipped file is corrupt. Or maybe it's just me. I just know at this point, I can't download it.

Cher

Quote Originally Posted by michellemomof3 View Post
    Trying to post link or layout but keep having problems. I'm saving at 600x600, saving a .jpg. Have tried "Save for web" & saving normal. It's posting to my gallery, but not always the challenge gallery. Then I am copying the URL to the file, coming into the Forum, clicking the picture icon (looks like mountains) in the reply box, pasting the URL. Then I get a box with an X instead of my LO. The first time this happened, I copied the URL again & edited my post & it was okay. Last time, I had to edit 2x before it would even put the link & this time it won't even put a link.

What to do???
    Michelle, sounds like you are copying the URL at the top of the gallery page. You need to right click on the image... this will bring up a box that will have Properties listed at the bottom of the pop-up. Click on that to bring up the box of properties. In the middle of that box you will see a URL address in the middle... it ends with .jpeg. Hightlight and copy all of that address [sometimes part of it is hidden abit - it should end in jpeg]. That is the URL address to use when you post your image to the forum thread using the yellow mountain box. Hope that helps you.

The URL at the top of the gallery page is the what you use to link it with.

Since this has been a problem for a while now, I have decided to switch server hosting companies. This might take a few days. As soon as I am able, I will post a new link. Thanks for your patience.

I just posted a new temporary link that seems to be working faster. Let me know if this helps.