shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Final Outage expected

1. Final Outage expected

We are about to make our final changes to the site and bring our store back online since. We could encounter another outage site-wide. Please bear with us...we're almost there! At that time, we will want you to go back to using http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com (instead of .NET) as your means for visiting us to ensure you do not encounter any issues with logging in.

For those of you that were not aware, we moved our site from our old hosting provider because as you know, the site experiences alot of instability due to them and we found ourselves waiting and waiting on their customer service (even though they were ranked one of the best out there)! We felt it extremely important to move to a more stable hosting provider and environment. Hope you all understand.
    Last edited by HollyS; 07-18-2007 at 06:17 AM.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

I know from having my own domain several years ago that it takes a long time to migrate site material from one server to another, and a site this large must take what seems like forever. Don't worry - be happy! I know you're doing your best.

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

Thank you Holly and Debra (and others that you have had helping you) in getting our "Home" back to normal. Thank you for all of the hard work that you all have been doing. I know that all of the problems have been so frustrating for you both and I pray that you both get a break soon and no more problems are thrown your way...

Gwen

Woohoo! Thanks Holly and Debra! I can only imagine the headaches this involved - I have heart palpitations even thinking about trying to move my family site - moving a database server must be a nightmare!
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

Sometimes it just has to be hard to be a good decision! Like childbirth, the pains are soon forgotten!
    Hugs,
    Judy

Thanks Holly for letting us know! Moving to a new site is a monumental task! We appreciate all of your hard work with the site.

We do not stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.

Thanks for the heads up!
    ~~Julie P.~~

Thanks for letting us know what's going on, I know I had trouble for a few days logging on to the .com, but I received help and was told to use .net, so thanks for the heads up on going back to .com. Great Job on keeping everyone so well informed.

9. The step that would produce the outage has been done and so folks should now be able to see us again depending on their internet provider. Please let me know if you run into any issues. Look for the store to be online shortly!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Yahoo! Looks like you past the last obstacle and are coming into the home stretch! Thanks for the hard work.

HUGS!