shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lyrical Challenge for December

Lyrical Challenge for December

Hi, this is Bright Eyes, your host for the December Lyrical Challenge.

December is holiday time for many of us. Winter is arriving with its snowy days - for those of us in the northern hemisphere. The theme for this month is WHAT DECEMBER MEANS TO YOU. For many that might mean Christmas time with the carols and song of the season. For others, it might mean the snow and winter weather. The field is wide open of you to decide what you want to scrap.

This is a link to some Christmas Songs: HERE.

Remember this is a Lyrical Challenge so you should have some of the lyrics or song title on your page.

Can't wait to see the wonderful layouts you will create this month.

The rules for the challenge - in order to receive the bonus - you must post the layout here in this thread and a link to it in the gallery so we can leave you some love.

(1) Your layout must be unique, and can only be used for this challenge.
    (2) Your layout also counts as one entry towards the November Scrappin' 7 Challenge.
    (3) Use of GDS products is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
    (4) Please post your layout in the Lyrical Challenge Gallery HERE
    (5) Come back here and post the image of the page you created, and link it to your page in the gallery so we can all leave you some love!
    (6) HAVE FUN!

Please list the song title and who wrote or preformed it in the gallery description for your page. As a courtesy, we give credit to the author/composer. Thanks.

I will have a special surprise bonus for all who particiapte in this challenge by posting and linking their creations here. Please be sure to credit the designer's kit/s when you post to the gallery.

This challenge runs through December 31th.

To get us started, here is my page

The image is linked. Click on it to go to the gallery.

The song is "Christmas Present" sung by Andy Williams

I think I can do it ;-)
    Will be back.
    creative greetings,

Here is mine lol..... I had to combine 2 photos 2 make this one
    but I just thought it worked lol

Brooke... adorable combination of photos. Great idea and perfect to fit with the lyrics you chose. The large rickrac detail at the bottom is perfect for snowdrifts. Very creative page. Thanks for playing with us.
    Last edited by Bright Eyes; 12-06-2012 at 06:35 AM.

This sounds like a lot of fun as I love all kinds of Christmas music. Let me go look through photos and get back with you.
    Tricia

Thanks Kay, for this lovely challenge.
    I found this picture of my kids, walking in the little snow we had!

image is linked

I used the collabkit of december: "Christmas Past" with the wonderful 'snow-colors' blue and red ;-)
    creative greetings,

Els, that is a wonderful photo. And a great layout with the song. Love it all. Thanks so much of joining us this month.

9. Let it Snow by lyricist Sammy Cahn

Here is Mine:

Let it Snow by lyricist Sammy Cahn

10. Christmas Without You

Here's mine. Sadly this is my first Christmas after Mom's passing.