Posting a blinkie in your signature
So, you want to put a blinkie in your signature, here’s how
1) the best site that I know of for hosting blinkies and other images to use in forums is photobucket.com, so if you don't already have an account (free) there, creating one would be the first step. If you do/once you have one, sign into it.
2) right click on the blinkie you want to use and choose 'properties', when the properties window pops up, highlight and copy the 'Address: (URL)'
3) when you are signed into your photobucket, there will be a spot toward the upper right that says, "Upload Images & Video" and directly to the right "from:". Click the button next to "web url" and the "upload" box changes, paste the url you copied in step 2, and click 'upload'. On the next screen you can add a title, description, and tags if you want. You can click 'skip this step' at the top, or 'return to album'/'save and continue' at the bottom.
4) when it finishes uploading, scroll down a little and you will see your blinkie - below it you will see 4 code options, the last one "img code" is the one you need for forums, just click on those words "img code" and the code will automatically be copied to your clipboard.
5) in the forum, go to your user control panel and choose "edit signature", then just paste that code into the box, preview the signature to make sure the blinkie is there, and save
One thing to note, if you feel you will start using photobucket regularly you may want to make folders, however, if you move an image around in photobucket after it has been posted somewhere, you will break the link and it will stop showing in that post. So, before posting it, create a folder called "blinkies" and put the blinkie there before copying the code and pasting to your signature.
*edited to reflect photobuckets new look July 2008
Last edited by ckbymommy; 07-10-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Reason: updated to photobuckets newest look