shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats on your bucket list ?

Quote Originally Posted by Art for Scrapbooking View Post
    I am in brisbane - about halfway up the east coast. If you have never been here there are lots pf wonderful and very hot places lol.
    10 years ago we spent 29 days in Australia, with a bus from Darwin to Sydney.
    It was great, but... so far away!
    But, you never know: whenever we got plans to go to Australia once more, we will visit you!! ;-)
    creative greetings,

2. Quote Originally Posted by Els AW View Post
    10 years ago we spent 29 days in Australia, with a bus from Darwin to Sydney.
    It was great, but... so far away!
    But, you never know: whenever we got plans to go to Australia once more, we will visit you!! ;-)
    You have probably seen more hen me lol. I have been to Fussen in germany around the castles, munich for a night and prague. Thats the closest i have come to you. My uncle was Finnish and his brother lives there and I know someone in Brussels so you never know. i will yell if we come your way too.

I guess I don't have anything "funny" for my bucket list.
    November 16th is my last work day and I will be retired so I will be able to cross retiring off my list!
    There are a few states here in the US that I would like to travel to yet.......have 5 or 6 left that DH and I have not been to.
    Even though I am retiring from the work place, I would like to start a scrap for hire business from home. Friends have advised me not to take something that I love to do as a hobby and turn it into a "job". Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by jakrn View Post
    November 16th is my last work day and I will be retired so I will be able to cross retiring off my list!
    There are a few states here in the US that I would like to travel to yet.......have 5 or 6 left that DH and I have not been to.
    Even though I am retiring from the work place, I would like to start a scrap for hire business from home. Friends have advised me not to take something that I love to do as a hobby and turn it into a "job". Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    You will probaly be more occupied than when you were working LOL! but enjoy it!

And do I understand friends advised NOT to start a job of something that is your hobby?
    Why? I should say: give it a try!!
    creative greetings,

Joyce - you never know unless you try! It would be different doing it for others vs. doing your own scrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Els AW View Post
    You will probaly be more occupied than when you were working LOL! but enjoy it!

And do I understand friends advised NOT to start a job of something that is your hobby?
    Why? I should say: give it a try!!
    One thing I always remember my Grandfather saying... if you find a job that you truly love, you never "work" a day in your life

Can't hurt to give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by Art for Scrapbooking View Post
    You have probably seen more hen me lol. I have been to Fussen in germany around the castles, munich for a night and prague. Thats the closest i have come to you. My uncle was Finnish and his brother lives there and I know someone in Brussels so you never know. i will yell if we come your way too.
    ;-) You are very welcome! But... if you come this way: make sure it is in sept/oct. for the beautiful Fall colors!
    creative greetings,

8. Quote Originally Posted by aeryn View Post
    The most important thing on my bucket list is kind of different, almost depressing in a way but it would make me extremely happy. I wish my fibro would go into complete remission just long enough to let me be able to get down on the floor and really play with my great-grandbabies before they get too old to want to play with grammy. I have 4 - 6 wks, 11 mos, 16 mos and just over 2.
    Oh Jody, I hope so too!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Els AW View Post
    Could be, I am not very 'fat' LOL!
    And wich part of Australia you live?
    Well, I am very NOT skinny and I also am a chillybody (I love that term!!!)

My bucket list includes living in Miami and well, let's just leave it at "meeting" Chef Sam Talbot.

10. Quote Originally Posted by jakrn View Post
    YAY for retirement!!!

About hobby to job. I kinda get that but as long as you are not dependent on the money I think it could be okay. The danger comes when it becomes about the money I think. Oh, and don't over commit yourself. That could ruin it too!