shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And the reason we are here....

Debra, that's a gorgeous layout you've spotted in the gallery and perfect for your thread's subject!

I got started with the digital form of scrapbooking in early 2008 because I had only a couple of months to put together a genealogical scrapbook as a wedding gift for my niece, there was NO WAY I'd ever get it done the paper way in such a short period of time.

I've literally thousands of photos and negatives of both my father's and mother's families all waiting to be scanned (I've done a few hundred already), as well as hundreds of my own family. Once I started designing, that task, along with my desire to research, document and publish the information, fell by the wayside. Seeing the lovely layout above by kdk929, rekindles my desire to document everything for my descendents. Oh, if only there were more time....
    Rose Thorn
    aka ladyofthethorns
    My Blog

I'm with you, Rose. When I (and my sister, Holly) really dived into digi-scrapping, my sweet Dad took the time to scan all the old photos from his side and I did my Mom's side... I've scrapped a few very meaningful keepsake layouts and my kids love the books... I've even given some pages as Christmas gifts of the heritage ones to my Aunts and Uncles who have found them to be real treasures as well.

As sentimental as I am, I can't tell you how important those pages are to me that my children have them to pass along and remember a piece of where they come from.

Great to hear that you're inspired too!

3. Why I scrap

I agree with all of you. I wanted a no fuss way of storing family photos. I started with 30 years of my daughters childhood and adult life to date then moved on to my maternal ancestors which was a 400 page album. I put it all on disks which have been copied and sent to family members.

Every time a little one is born the parents get an album of the child's first year. After that it is up to them to let me know if they want LO's made. I'm now working on my own childhood photos and then on to my paternal ancestors.

I wonder what people will think when they see these 50 or 100 years from now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kythe View Post
    I agree with all of you. I wanted a no fuss way of storing family photos. I started with 30 years of my daughters childhood and adult life to date then moved on to my maternal ancestors which was a 400 page album. I put it all on disks which have been copied and sent to family members.

Every time a little one is born the parents get an album of the child's first year. After that it is up to them to let me know if they want LO's made. I'm now working on my own childhood photos and then on to my paternal ancestors.

I wonder what people will think when they see these 50 or 100 years from now?
    Oh Kythe, I commend you on your accomplishment! And, I admit to a wee bit of jealousy .

I think that the future generations will be happy with the gifts you (and the rest of us) are leaving, provided they survive the years, technology changes so fast and the media we're using today probably won't be readable in the future (anyone remember the early floppy disks? can't read those anymore). Books, hopefully will survive.
    Rose Thorn
    aka ladyofthethorns
    My Blog

Can only hope and pray that books survive! Print, Print, Print! :)