shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: November Progressive Challenge

Lone, I'm late again but I would have to go through withdrawal therapy if I don't get to to this every month. lol.

Here's my step 1...
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...llenge&cat=708
    Ayenn

Great stuff ladies!.. I'm a day late so I'll post the next step tomorrow morning..

Step Two:
    2. Now I'd like you to find one photo with a large focal point. The photo should be about 5 or so inches square. If your photo has too much background in it, then enlarge the photo so your focal point is the main item. Duplicate it, turn one into Black and White and set both photos aside. Now use your guidelines to divide your layout into 4 equal quadrants. In PS, go to View - New Guide. When the dialogue box pops up, first input the horizontal and enter 50% in the position box. (see photo) Now do the same for the vertical guide. In PSE, you'll find the New Guide menu in the Effects palette, then follow the same instructions as for PS positions. Now go back and get your colour photo. Size the photo so that it fits just inside either the top right or left quadrant, and that there is a 1/4" border between the edges of your top paper and the quadrant guidelines. Now cut your photo into about 4 or 5 slices, repositioning a slice just a few pixels either up or down by using your up or down arrow keys. You can use the left and right arrow keys to overlap one or two slices sideways. Make an arrangement that pleases you then add shadows to give it depth and definition. Get your B & W photo, size it the same size as your sliced photo, flip it horizontally and position it with the same border tolerances as the colour photo, in the quadrant below the photo. When your satisified with the positioning, you can clear your guidelines, in PS it's in the View menu, in PSE in the Effects palette. Clear as MUD??

Post your layout by Tuesday, November 13, 2012 The next step will be posted Wednesday, November 14 2012
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails guideline.JPG  

That's the right word for it: Clear as mud!!!
    creative greetings,

My Step 2.
    Well, this took some thought....hope I did it right, let me know if I didn't.

Perfect!! :)

sigh of relief...lol

My step 2 (glad I joined last month... to understand - not to use LOL!)

creative greetings,

Once I found a photo that didn't look too horrible being sliced up, this was a fairly easy step. Thank you for that!

These are looking great! :)