shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: November Progressive Challenge

no it's not too late to join in.. to cut the slices use your marque tool to slice a section, then right click and cut as layer. That's in PS.. Not sure how you do it in PSE.. I'm sure the ladies who use it will chime in.

The template they are talking about is about to go into my store. It was the bonus for last month. You can get it here in about half an hour.

2. Thanks for letting me join in for the challenge. There's lots I don't know and/or can't remember how to do so I'll be asking lots of questions. I haven't used any GDS stuff yet, but I will. I do want to make sure that I give proper credit to the ones I use so please let me know if I posted this right. Thanks, Jessie :)

JT's Nov Progressive Challenge - Step 2

P.S. I still need help on the "flipping my picture" issue. I can't seem to get only one to flip. All help would be appreciated...I have PSE 8.
    Last edited by JessieTrotter; 11-09-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JessieTrotter View Post
    I'm using PSE 8:

When I tried to flip my BW picture, it flipped my color one too despite the fact that I was on the BW layer. Is there any easier way to do it? I had to drag it to a new file, flip it, and drag it back.

Thanks,
    Jessie :)
    You need to have your black and white photo on a blank page with no other layers. PSE will flip all the layers that are there regardless of whether they are active or not. So flip it before adding it to your page layers. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JessieTrotter View Post
    There's lots I don't know and/or can't remember how to do so I'll be asking lots of questions. I haven't used any GDS stuff yet, but I will. I do want to make sure that I give proper credit to the ones I use so please let me know if I posted this right. Thanks, Jessie :)
    No Worries Jessie.. ask away.. we're a very friendly and helpful bunch here! As well, there are heaps of tutorials around, just enter PSE8+tutorial in your browser window and you'll see heaps of hits. Lots of the digi scrap shops have tutorials too :)

Glad you joined in! :)

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bright Eyes View Post
    You need to have your black and white photo on a blank page with no other layers. PSE will flip all the layers that are there regardless of whether they are active or not. So flip it before adding it to your page layers. Hope that helps.

Thanks, Bright Eyes. At least it was not something I did wrong, it just doesn't work like I thought. I'll use the technique you suggested!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Scrappinsass View Post
    No Worries Jessie.. ask away.. we're a very friendly and helpful bunch here! As well, there are heaps of tutorials around, just enter PSE8+tutorial in your browser window and you'll see heaps of hits. Lots of the digi scrap shops have tutorials too :)

Glad you joined in! :)
    Thanks, Scrappinsass. I will definitely google that....I love learning (or re-learning in some cases) things!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappinsass View Post
    no it's not too late to join in.. to cut the slices use your marque tool to slice a section, then right click and cut as layer. That's in PS.. Not sure how you do it in PSE.. I'm sure the ladies who use it will chime in.
    Thank you so much for this explanation!
    I tried it on the black and white and it worked!!
    Last edited by Scrappinsass; 11-09-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    creative greetings,

Here's my step 2:

Proudly creating for Godigitalscrapbooking, Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps,
    JanetB Designs, Studio4 Designworks, StarSongStudio, Les idées de Christine

You ladies ROCK!! Awesome work!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Els AW View Post
    Thank you so much for this explanation!
    I tried it on the black and white and it worked!!
    Els, Great that it worked for you!!.. You can use the templates too lol :)