shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saving Digital Downloads

1. Saving Digital Downloads

Ok, call me stupid! LOL.
    About a week ago, I burned my downloaded digi files to a CD. Checked the CD and saw the file folders and thought it was good to go and deleted them from my hard drive. Well, I went to open the folders and there was nothing in them, no files, nothing.
    Today I try to burn a cd of the files I have bought and freebies I have collected and it has happened again. No I haven't deleted the files from my computer yet, but why isn't the files saving to a cd? What am I doing wrong? I really like Digi Scrapping, but feel very embarassed that I don't know what I am doing wrong... Can anyone help a newbie out? I have a very old computer/low memory on my hard drive so I am getting a low virtual memory error so I thought I would burn the downloads to a cd and use them as I need them, but I can't get it to work right...getting very frustrated here.... please help!

YIKES! I'll do my best to help you out.........what program are you using to burn the discs? Does it have an option to burn data, music, video, etc? I use Nero express and burn as a data disc
    AMY

FREE AT LAST - DID AWAY WITH THE DRAMA!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Say "HELLO" to me ~ alfenner

Try re-booting to clear out the virtual memory and see if you can burn. If not, I'd suspect a hardware problem with your burner. Mine quit on me a while back and I had to replace it. If you're using Windows built-in program, it's a yuck-a-doo; Amy's right on about Nero. Good stuff!

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

4. hmmm. i don't think i have a "program" uh oh. I am just inserting a new cd rom disk, transfering my files to the E Drive and hit burn files to cd. It works fine when I save photos/files to a cd, so I thought it would work for my Digi folders too.

I have a Compaq 5000 Series computer, it is like from 2000 ior 2001. Should I try to put my files on a jump drive and put them on my laptop (new gateway) and try to burn a cd? I am afraid of my laptop for some reason, dunno why!

Your new Gateway laptop should have come with CD burning software installed on it. That's what I'd use. There's a good chance that a 'puter from 2000 or 2001 might not have the software installed. Also the new laptop probably has more memory in the first place so that you wouldn't get the memory errors while working on your scrapbooking.
    Paige

6. I'm not a pro at this either but someone told me that you need to have some room on your hard drive in order to burn files. Seeing you said you are getting a message about your memory why don't you try to just burn one small file; if it burns ok to your cd then you know it's not your burner but in fact a memory shortage problem. Hope this helps.

Lynn

7. Thanks for your help ladies! I saved the files to my jump drive and then was able to burn a cd from my laptop. I should just work from my laptop since it is much faster and has memory, I just need to download all my photo programs to the laptop. I just feel more compfortable working on my main computer, dunno why.

I have all my Foto's and kits on an external non removable disk with 300 GB. So have I always everything available, and my computer is not strained.

yeah, my husband finally had to buy me an external hard drive too, he went for 500 GB as it was on sale, and because he thinks I will blow that too in no time!! Haha!!

This sounds good..but just not to really scare you... my ehd with all my "stuff" on it went capoot! I have it in for repair to try and recover my data but... ughhh, I really thought those were reliable, now they are saying they have recovered some of the date but not all... Guess we need a back up of our back up!