shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Timeline Challenge

1. Facebook Timeline Challenge

Hi there!

This challenge is for those of you that want to spruce up the top of your Facebook profile! :)

If you are only going to be using this online then these are the dimensions you want to use - 850 X 315 at 72dpi. If you think you might print it out - then you can use these - width: 2656 pixels; heigth: 984 pixels, at 300dpi.

Don't forget to leave that space on the left side for your profile picture... or at least don't put anything that you don't mind getting covered up.

Additional info:

(1) Your layout must be unique, and can only be used for this challenge.
    (2) Your layout also counts as one entry towards the August Scrappin' 7 Challenge.
    (3) Use of GDS products is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
    (4) Please post your layout in the Miscellaneous Challenge Gallery HERE
    (5) Come back here and post what you created, and be sure to link it to the gallery, so we can all leave you some love!
    (6) HAVE FUN!

This challenge runs through October 31st!

Do you all know how to link your images back to the gallery? .. If not, have a look here.

Also... here's how to assign keywords to your layouts to give the credit back to the designer.

Most importantly - have fun and I can't wait to see your creations!!!

Yes, I hoped you would do this challenge again!

Here is my cover:

I use this cover on a page in my Facebook, where I show all the lay-outs I made for GDS ;-)
    Last edited by Els AW; 10-03-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    creative greetings,

I am new to this type of challenge. Do I need to request permission from the GDS designer to use their kit for my Facebook page?

Thank you,
    Diane

Quote Originally Posted by GDSDiane View Post
    I am new to this type of challenge. Do I need to request permission from the GDS designer to use their kit for my Facebook page?

Thank you,
    Diane
    No, you don't have to ask for permission, as long as you give proper credits with uploading your lay-out to the Gallery.
    Read the instructions in the announcement if you don't know how ;-)
    creative greetings,

Thanks for the challenge! No GDS product used this time.

Thank you for hosting Jacque. I love these types of challenges. I would love to see one on designing a background and header for a blog. Here is mine.

Autumn Beauty

Oh very pretty GDSDiane! So dramatic, love it... I may have to scraplift it :)

Quote Originally Posted by PattyB View Post
    Oh very pretty GDSDiane! So dramatic, love it... I may have to scraplift it :)
    Thank you Patty! You are welcome to.

October Facebook Challenge

Cute facebook timeline, love the spider, he made me giggle :)