shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photography Challenge - September 2012

1. Photography Challenge - September 2012

This month I thought we would think about doors.
    I often find myself taking photos of doors - they can evoke feelings of mystery, beauty or even of home. I have a picture on my wall of lots of doors I took photos of on my travels. [you can see it on my blog here.]
    So the challenge is to think about doors. I have a photo for your inspiration and you can get it at fullsize here if you would like to use it. You can also use your own photos.
    This would lend itself to art journalling as well as scrapbook layouts so let your creative self out. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Additional info:

(1) Your layout can only be used for this challenge.
    (2) Your layout also counts as one entry towards the September Scrappin’ 7 Challenge Thread
    (3) Use of GDS products is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
    (4) Please post your layout in the Photography Challenge Gallery
    (5) Come back here and post what you created, and link it to the gallery, so we can all leave you some love!
    (6) HAVE FUN!

This challenge runs through September 30, 2012!

I can't wait to see what you all come up with!!!

Help Links:

How to link your layout from the gallery to the forum.

How to give credit to the designer thru keywords tutorial

Everyone participating gets a gift at the end of the month.

Does it have to be one door, or can I show a few doors?
    creative greetings,

Wow, that is one amazing door. Will have to brainstorm to see if any ideas come to mind.
    Tricia

4. Quote Originally Posted by Els AW View Post
    Does it have to be one door, or can I show a few doors?
    As many doors as you like. Just door themed in some way.

5. How about that.! I take photos of doors and windows everywhere I go. I thought I was just a bit quirky doing that but apparently not.:)

I think I'll give this one a go.

6. Dyehouse door

Here is one of two LO's I did with the same photo.

7. Dye House

LO #2

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kythe View Post
    How about that.! I take photos of doors and windows everywhere I go. I thought I was just a bit quirky doing that but apparently not.:)

I think I'll give this one a go.
    Not quirky at all lol. Well at least i think it is quite normal.
    I love that door and your layouts. Great textures on them. the frst would be great for journalling too.
    if you have a lot of them see what I did with mine on my blog here. I made art for the wall with them all.
    Thanks so much for joining in.

I knew immediately which door I wanted to feature in this challenge. We visited Paris in 1990 and of course we had to go to Notre Dame cathedral. The doorway arched high above our heads. It is a magnificent entryway into this timeless place.

10. Fantastic doors. You could spend ages looking at those. Thanks so much for joining in the challenge.