shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dance to Summer Tunes in Aug Lyrical Challenge!

Dance to Summer Tunes in Aug Lyrical Challenge!

Lyrical Challenge!

Welcome to August’s Lyrical Challenge!!!

In this challenge, I will be giving you a song, or an assignment for a song and your challenge if you choose to accept it is to create a layout using the lyrics or spirit of the song for the inspiration for your layout!

Everyone that plays gets a posting BONUS! Yup…that’s something FREE!! FREE is good!! Great way to build up your stash!!

For me, music is an every day part of life. I hear a certain song and it instantly transports me back to a specific time, even a specific memory. Since it is August and here in Georgia it is so hot and humid that I don’t even want to leave my house, but I grew up in Northern NY on Sandy Pond just off of Lake Ontario. So to me, Summer was something special. A time for friends to get together at the beach, out in our boats and bonfires at night.

For this challenge I want you to think hard about a song that brings you back to a favorite summer. It can be last year or 20 years ago! Its all up to you then make a layout inspired by the lyrics of that song, maybe even incorporating a photo from that summer?? The sky is the limit!!

Good Luck!! Can’t wait to see what you all come up with!

Additional info:

(1) Your layout can only be used for this challenge.
    (2) Your layout also counts as one entry towards the August 2012 Scrappin' 7 Challenge.
    (3) Use of GDS products is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
    (4) Please post your layout in the Lyrical Challenge Gallery
    (5) Come back here and post what you created, and link it to the gallery, so we can all leave you some love!
    (6) HAVE FUN!

This challenge runs through August 31, 2012!

How to link your layout from the gallery to the forum.

How to give credit to the designer thru keywords tutorial

Don’t forget to post in the Scrapin’ 7 Challenge Thread for a chance for a coupon!

June Scrapin’ 7 Challenge Thread

Here is mine!!! Sweet Child o Mine by Guns and Roses....

This is a super challenge Christina. There are so many songs that come to mind for me - I don't know if I could chose just one!

That's just a great LO you've created here - and how fitting - sweet child of mine! I love how you have her sitting on the dock!

I agree with you Darlene... Great song and such a fantastic layout... She looks so happy and sweet!

I just ran across this photo of myself, my friend Glenda and my sister Sandy from the summer of 1954. We dreamed of fantastic adventures and finding true love. "3 Coins in the Fountain" sung by Frank Sinatra was played alot that summer and fueled our dreams. I was the only one who actually made the trip to Rome and tossed coins in the fountain - and by then I was already married to my own true love.

I had to do some repair work on the photo and sharpen the contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Eyes View Post
    I just ran across this photo of myself, my friend Glenda and my sister Sandy from the summer of 1954. We dreamed of fantastic adventures and finding true love. "3 Coins in the Fountain" sung by Frank Sinatra was played alot that summer and fueled our dreams. I was the only one who actually made the trip to Rome and tossed coins in the fountain - and by then I was already married to my own true love.

I had to do some repair work on the photo and sharpen the contrast.
    This is a great layout!!! what a lovely story!!!!! Thank you so much for participating!!!

7. Geoff Moore and The Distance- Home Run

~Holli~ Mommy of two special angels

Quote Originally Posted by hnfowler View Post
    Geoff Moore and The Distance- Home Run
    Awesome layout!! Fun!!!!! Perfect lyrics!

I redid a layout I had done for ADSR7 which fit the bill so perfectly! This time I used a kit from OTBDS.

This is my 1st challenge here at GDS, thanks for the challenge.

All Summer Long
    Song "All Summer Long by Kid Rock"

Kit used "Skittles part 2" By Created by Jill
    Fonts "Bailey" by DJB
    and "Summer Luvin" by Unknown
    Palm tree word art TequilaSunrise CU
    by Created by Jill

I CT forMy Facebook, My Twitter, My PinterestMy BlogI'm just a rat in a cage