shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: August Progressive Challenge

That looks really interesting! Great textures and colours! :)

My Step 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

And my Step2.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ok this is going to sound totally lame ...but how to you cut wavey strips? I have pse 9....anyone have a good tut they can recommend?

Step two done and it still seems too easy. I'm getting more worried here.

~Suzette~

Here is my step 2

Cut strips from Precious Orchid by Stefairy; background from Amethyst by Created by Jill

Quote Originally Posted by criostirado View Post
    Ok this is going to sound totally lame ...but how to you cut wavey strips? I have pse 9....anyone have a good tut they can recommend?
    I have PSE 10. I followed Scrapinsass' directions:

"To cut the waves... use your polygnol lasso tool to make a wavy line across the paper going off the edge at the far side. Then bring it down an inch or so and bring it back in a wavy line to off the page on the other side; bring it up again to met the start of your first line. That should select an area with a dotted line around it. Then choose *Inverse* (In Photoshop that's Ctrl+Sht+I .. not sure what it is in Elements.. Jump in with that info Element users! Please! and Thanks! ) and delete and that will get rid of everything except your wave. "

You don't actually have to do the 'inverse'.... just have another blank layer opened and click on the area surrounded by the blinking dotted lines and drag it onto the new open blank layer. I then used my eraser tool to smooth out some of my edges. If you want a similar wave, you can put it on another blank layer then place paper over it and do the clipping mask. Easy...

In my page above - the smaller curved piece was one that I used the eraser on to smooth it out. But I left the slightly rougher edges on the bottom two layers. I did a horizonal flip for the middle layer so those 2 layers were slightly different.
    Last edited by Bright Eyes; 08-08-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Here's mine with step 2

10. Here is my step 2:

Proud to be CTM for Created by Jill and ViolaMoni