shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Artist Trading Cards?

It is fun to see all those little art-works, but I don't often do that: no time LOL!

I did see the pm, thanks for explaining! Just didn't know the word.

2. I like making the tiny works of art. Your idea sound like a lot of fun, but since I live with chronic pain, I don't know if I can get all of those steps done in a timely manner. I've wanted to get a pk of the atc blank cards so I can print a few of mine out after I put a nice saying on each card. About resizing them, and printing them, then mounting, then postage and mailing to Holland ,was it?... I have never sent anything to the printer yet , so that would be a new experience. I'm really only interested in collecting the original sized cards.. 2.5 x 3.5 or whatever the accurate measurements are, as the larger sizes you are suggesting, sound fun ,but are to big for my space. My other concern is each designer's rules about making atcs and giving them away. Not everyone allows this kind of thing. I posted to add to the discussion about doing this and about atcs (I would love a monthly challenge for atc too) and to tell you not be too disappointed and always post your ideas. Maybe this idea may not work ,but your other ideas might work, so don't be shy to ask again. Thanks for trying to include us.!

Thank you for your reply, I really appriciate it!
    I know the right size for atc: 2,5 x 3,5 inch ;-) as the promotor in Holland I always say: that's the only thing you hve to do, everything else is up to you.

Never thought a designer could have objections for using their kits on atc?
    I mean: you don't sell the atc, it is only trading.
    I would be pleased if anyone used my kit(s) on atc, I would see that as a compliment!

I'm not dissapointed, it was just a thought and a try!
    Only because the worst part of trading atc is sending it by slowmail: the costs for that.

It may sound silly, but I'm not in for a monthly atc-challenge ;-)
    I have s many atc's now, that I only trade atc's with a real stamp on it.
    And for the costs to send it.

I stick to the largest size now: 12 inch!

Hi Els,

As you know I love atc's. You mentioned that you have posted this in dutch forums too? I must have missed that one.
    Who knows, maybe there will be digital atc swap some day!
    Put me on your waitinglist

5. How about I start an digital ATC challenge in January and we see how it goes. You do need to be careful with designers allowing the use but there are a lot that do or you can make things yourself. If there is no swap involved you could use anything and if we do swap anything that allows gifts or S4H/ S4O would be ok. We can just see how it goes as I think it would be fun to have the challenge of designing traditional ATC size.

Hi Sharon,

I'm in. Looking forward to it :-)

Sharon, do you mean 'hybrid' atc's or digital?
    Sending the cards by slowmail of 'just' posting in the Gallery?

I love atc, but stopped recently because I don't have enough room!
    Must have over 17.000 now...

To show some of my maps:
    creative greetings,

8. We will do digital so finished image with be 2.5 x 3.5 inches. If you want to add paint or anything hybrid that is cool but the end file will be digital.
    We will put them in the gallery and anyone participating will get all that are created for the month as flattened digital files.
    How does that sound.

That sounds good!
    It won't take as much place as a ordner LOL!
    Count me in!!
    creative greetings,

10. I have ti apologise as I will have to start the ATC swap in february. My son's house that he is renting while he is working in canada had tenants in who 2 days before christmass just left - they were hoarders and seriously it has taken us 2 weeks just to clean it out. I still have things to organise but am getting back on track slowly. I am looking forward to it so stay posted.