shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***NEW*** Heritage Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by cee View Post
    Well I didnt get how to follow the tutorial in PSE so I just went off at a tangent and did my own thing- this is a faded colour and water damage aged photo lol

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...llenge&cat=757
    Claire

That is awesome!!! I just wanted everyone to try something new!!! Its hard to find a tut that everyone can use! This looks great!

I could not follow the tutorial unfortunally, but I have this plugin to make things a little grungy ;-) (I also used it to make my background)

My layout

Great job on the photo, it really looks vintage!

Quote Originally Posted by Els AW View Post
    I could not follow the tutorial unfortunally, but I have this plugin to make things a little grungy ;-) (I also used it to make my background)

My layout

This is awesome!!!!!

thanks! *blushing* ;-)

Love Heritage pages. So glad to see this challenge.

I took a photo taken this May and changed it to black and white. Then did an enhancement on it to sharpen the contrast.

I chose Created by Jill's Changes Add-on kit as it has the deep red/burgandy and turquoise colors associated with the Southwest. The bare branch, pleated button and striped swirl were parts of the kit that really look like they belong in the SW. The font: Fletch Extended looks like many signs and labels you see here.

I did lightly re-color the white rose in the kit. I add a touch of the red-burgandy to it [at 30%] to give it a tea-dyed look.

Fantstic challenge and so much fun to do... Thanks for hosting.

Thank you for hosting this fantastic challenge, Christina! Unfortunately, I couldn't follow the tut in PSE either, so I hunted around a bit and found this really easy to follow tut: http://ldgsherar.deviantart.com/art/...l-Eng-77255924

Anyway, here's my page:

Proudly creating for Godigitalscrapbooking, Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps,
    JanetB Designs, Studio4 Designworks, StarSongStudio, Les idées de Christine

Andrea, thank you for the link to the tutorial.
    I will try this!

You're very welcome, Els - if you have any questions regarding this tut, just ask! :)

Hugs
    Andrea

Proudly creating for Godigitalscrapbooking, Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps,
    JanetB Designs, Studio4 Designworks, StarSongStudio, Les idées de Christine

I have to say Andrea, I played with the tutorial you found and loved it as well. I saved a copy for next time I want to do a layout and make it look vintage. Thank you.