shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ***NEW*** Heritage Challenge

You're so welcome, Suzette! I loved this tut because it gives plenty of scope to play around with the settings until you get the look that's just right for your photo. I particularly loved the trick with the vertical lines! :)

Proudly creating for Godigitalscrapbooking, Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps,
    JanetB Designs, Studio4 Designworks, StarSongStudio, Les idées de Christine

Thanks to Andrea and her wonderful link to 'aging' a photo, I now understand what this challenge is all about. So, I went back to my original page and pulled the photo out and gave it a 'vintage' look. I turned it to sepia color, then ran the texturizer on it twice to give it an older look. So, this is what it looks like now:

Compare that to the first page and you can really see the difference:

I love the first page's photo in black and white as it fits so well with the colors in some of the elements. But, to really meet the goal of this challenge, the second one done is sepia is the correct technique to use. Now... I am LOL as I realized as I previewed this post how well the sepia one picked up the browns in the page.... I will remember this trick next time I need a 'vintage' photo from a modern one. Thanks all.

3. I proudly help create for: Angelique's Scraps , Bee creations, Desclics, Ilonka's Scrapbook designs, JuliEnriquez Designs ,Kastagnette , kittyscrap , Krysty Scrap Designs, Laitha's Designs, Le petit Scrap, lins creations, Lady R designs, Marta van Eck, Pat's Scrap, S Designs, Sarayane, Scrap'Angie, Stephy Scrap, E-scape and scrap, and Pickleberry pop
    http://www.cooperslittlecorner.blogspot.com/
    pinterst: http://pinterest.com/zanthia5/ scrap stacks : http://scrapstacks.com/zanthia

I am so excited to see so many great layouts submitted for this challenge!!! I didn't know it would be this popular and can not believe the amazing layouts that everyone has come up with!!! I am going to have to think of somethin great to challenge you all with next month!

Please do, Christina! I've actually learned quite a few new tricks this time and that's what I love so much about digiscrapping - you never stop learning! :)

Thank you so much for a really great and fun challenge!

Hugs
    Andrea

Proudly creating for Godigitalscrapbooking, Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps,
    JanetB Designs, Studio4 Designworks, StarSongStudio, Les idées de Christine

I have to say WOW!!! You ladies are incredible! These layouts are great!! you really rose to the challenge! I will be sending out your participate bonuses soon...Im a bit behind as I just had surgery....but I will get them there!!!! Promise!!