shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July Lyrical Challenge ~

July Lyrical Challenge ~

Lyrical Challenge!

Welcome to July’s Lyrical Challenge!!!

In this challenge, I will be giving you a song, or an assignment for a song and your challenge if you choose to accept it is to create a layout using the lyrics or spirit of the song for the inspiration for your layout!

Everyone that plays gets a posting BONUS! Yup…that’s something FREE!! FREE is good!! Great way to build up your stash!!

This month I am going to give you something a little bit harder than last month! For this month’s challenge I would like for you to go to Billboard.com and go to the chart for the day and year of your birth, it will give you the top ten, pick one of those songs and make your layout inspired by that song!

**When you get to the site, click on CHARTS, then HOT100...from there you should see VIEW CHART ARCHIVES, click on that and then you can choose the year and date....it does only go to 1957....so if you need a year before that you may have to do a google search something like "top 10 songs of 1946" to get a list, you probably won't be able to get the actual day of your birth but the year will be great!!! Hope that helps!!***

If you have problems...you can always PM me and give me the information and I will try to find it for you!!! I promise I wont reveal any dates! :-)

You can find lyrics at Lyrics.com and I found another site for Oldie Lyrics but most times when I am looking for lyrics, I just do a google search with the song name and put lyrics in there too and it will take you right to the song usually.

Good Luck!! Can’t wait to see what you all come up with!

Additional info:

(1) Your layout can only be used for this challenge.
    (2) Your layout also counts as one entry towards the July 2012 Scrappin' 7 Challenge.
    (3) Use of GDS products is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
    (4) Please post your layout in the Lyrical Challenge Gallery
    (5) Come back here and post what you created, and link it to the gallery, so we can all leave you some love!
    (6) HAVE FUN!

This challenge runs through July 31, 2012!

How to link your layout from the gallery to the forum.

How to give credit to the designer thru keywords tutorial

Don’t forget to post in the Scrapin’ 7 Challenge Thread for a chance for a coupon!

June Scrapin’ 7 Challenge Thread
    Last edited by criostirado; 07-03-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Wow - that might be a tough one for me - I'm ancient! Great challenge!

Smile

Geeez, finding songs for 1942 was hard!

Diane
    diharper
    dianecropper@gmail.com

they might be having trouble with the website, I tried to go to it 5 times and never could find archives, and it kept saying there was an error and it could not load.

Quote Originally Posted by teenybop61 View Post
    they might be having trouble with the website, I tried to go to it 5 times and never could find archives, and it kept saying there was an error and it could not load.
    I had the same problem, but I found it through google and then I got the website.
    Type your year in with the magazines, choose the date nearest to your birthday and scroll to where the Best Selling Pop EP's are ;-)

As I found it: I will join this Challenge!!
    (now find time to do it...)

This will def. be a challenge! 1972 was a long time ago!

7. Really interesting challenge! I had fun looking for mine. Will be back with my layout :)

8. What a fun challenge! I'm not sure I remember any of the songs from my list. ;) I had to read through the lyrics just to choose one.. but I like these so here's what I came up with:

Thanks for the challenge, it took some doing, but I found the top song on my birthdate: Que Sera, Sera by Doris Day - hey, I know I'm ancient!

Wow ladies!! These are great!!! This really is a challenge though...here I am hosting this challenge and I am really thinking hard about what to do with my layout!!