shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recipe Exchange - Christmas in July

1. Recipe Exchange - Christmas in July

Hi everyone. One of the best things about Christmas is the food. As we are celebrating CHRISTMAS IN JULY all month i thought it was a good excuse to share some recipes and give us a head start to the real thing.

As Christmas to me has always been about giving I have a gift for you as well.

If you would like to participate just create a page with your favourite recipe/s.
    At the end of the month everyone who participates will receive all the pages and recipes.
    As we like to keep our recipes at different sizes you can make your recipe either 3x5 in or 8.5 x 11in [300dpi]
    At the end of the month you will receive them all on 3x5 cards and get any larger pages that are contributed.
    COULD YOU PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RECIPE TO ME AT sharon at artforscrapbooking dot com so I can put them together to give out at the end of the month.

You can use the gift I have for you and also may use my kit "Homemade Christmas" which you will find in my store here [and it is 50% off for the month]
    As we will be exchanging the pages we make
    PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OTHER DESIGNERS PRODUCTS as this is not in keeping with normal Terms of use.
    You can of course use anything you make yourself - my gift is just a few little extra recipe themed items.

When you are done put a preview of your page in the gallery and show us the link here. You can put them in the Recipe Exchange Gallery [it is old so lets revive it lol]
    You can download your gift here [This is a direct download from my own server and should start automatically]

Last edited by Art for Scrapbooking; 07-05-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Sounds like a fun challenge! Count me in, and I already know which recipe to share :) Thanks for the gift, and I'll be back soon with my layout!

Sounds like a fun challenge to me.

Since we are sharing, should the recipes all be in 3 x 5 format which is the size of a standard recipe card?

4. Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    Sounds like a fun challenge to me.

Since we are sharing, should the recipes all be in 3 x 5 format which is the size of a standard recipe card?
    HMMM I hadn't thought of that lol. I used to print mine but now tend to have them all on my computer or I print out - laminate and put in a folder.

Anyone else have thoughts on this ?? We could do a layout and also include the recipe on 3x5 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Art for Scrapbooking View Post
    HMMM I hadn't thought of that lol. I used to print mine but now tend to have them all on my computer or I print out - laminate and put in a folder.

Anyone else have thoughts on this ?? We could do a layout and also include the recipe on 3x5 ??
    I usually do mine sized to 8 1/2 x 11", so that I can put them in my three ring binder, which is full of page protectors. But I'll go with the size that's decided upon.

6. I have done that with some Patty. I did them mainly for my son when he left home. I laminated them with a recipe on each side and then just punched holes put them in folder. he can take out the one he wants and prop it up and no worries with spills.
    I used to just write them on a small card and keep in box years ago but some recipes were too long.
    I will see if anyone else has input for a day or 2 and then decide.

I'd like to keep it standard to the 3 x 5 size, thank you. Be back soon with mine.

8. Ok lets go with doing them either 3x5 or 8.5 x 11 inch.

If you make at 3x5 300ppi anyone wishing to can upsize and add a background and print out to save at letter size.
    if you do at letter size [Patty B feel free to do this] I will type the recipe up on a 3x5 card for the exchange.
    That should work for all of us.

Thanks so much for the mini, here's mine

10. I had to google Emeril's essence lol, Pretty much like a cajun spice mix you get here or I could make my own mix.
    Looks like a great recipe Patty. Thanks for joining in.
    Could you please email the full sized one to me at sharon at artforscrapbooking dot com so I can put them together to give out at the end of the month.

Better dig my favourite christmas recipe out. it is a shortbread that is easy to make and melts in your mouth.