A Hero's Thank You QP Exchange
Want a great set of patriotic/4th of july themed quickpages? Then just create one quickpage yourself for this challenge and you'll get an album back!
It's quite simple, create a quick page with A Hero's Thank You Collab Kit (ALL proceeds go to www.operationtsartsandstripes.com). While you're creating your quick page, you can make it be a tribute or thank you for our Tribute campaign we have going on!
Each participant will submit at least 1 quick page using pieces primarily from this kit. You can include pieces from any other GDS patriotic themed Daily Download or Designer giveaway given here at GDS. You can NOT include pieces from anything else. At the end of this exchange, all participants will receive all submitted quick pages including a special one created by ME....yes you read that right, me!
- Layouts should be created and saved at 12" x 12" and 300ppi.
- If you are familiar with creating a quick page in a transparent .png file, please submit it in that format.
- If you are not, we have a couple of tutorials to help you in this area: Paint Shop Pro & Photoshop
- If you are unable to create a .png file, please design your quick page by creating your layout and using a white or black area (whichever is of most contrast to your layout) for the photo placements. Save your layout as a flattened .jpg file at full resolution (unless you are submitting a png file already) . I will take what you submit and punch out the areas for photos and convert them to transparent .png files before sending them all back to the participants.
- Please name your files as follows to help me track these easier. YourForumName_KitName_QP.png so as an example, mine would be HollyS_herothanks_QP.png.
- Save a preview of your quick page at 600x600 and upload it to the Quick Page Exchange Gallery for all the oooohs and ahhhs!
- I will need the preview .jpg at 600x600, and either the .png or .jpg file at the full 12x12 size sent to me. You may use any file sharing site of your choice, or you can zip it up and email me the zip at email@example.com.
- Sign-ups are required for this so that we know who is working on pages.
- You may submit up to 2 quickpages for this challenge.
- I will keep this post updated to reflect participants and whether files have been received.
- The submission deadline for this round is end of the day on Saturday, July 7th. Please be sure to send me the files by that time as well.
Last edited by HollyS; 07-01-2007 at 12:09 PM.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
cool!! I have never put together a quick page, but will try. i already bought the kit yesterday, so i will work on it.
*drool* omg, like, this is totally what I need! I will get to work right away!
Super kit for this QP exchange!
Is the deadline really June 30th?
Count me in Holly. Will work on it the next few days.
My mind hasn't been the best since I got home, but I really want to try to do this. I love the kit and got it a few days ago. So, count me in. I still have a few days to get it done.
Last edited by griest; 06-27-2007 at 03:09 AM.
I sure hope we get more people making QPs!!! Come on join in. It's fun.