shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly Newbie Question

Hybrid View

1. Silly Newbie Question

I am new to digital scrapping and I am an addict!! I am more addicted to building my stash and sorting through old family photos at this point than doing actual lay outs, and I am trying to figure everything out on my own as I go.

So, here is a question that I have not been able to figure out....

what is a "tagger kit"?

I know I will have more questions as I go, but I thought this would be a good start to get my feet wet!

No question is silly! I've been digi-scrapping for years and I'm not sure what a tagger kit is for. Anyone?????

3. Glad to know I'm not the only one! btw mama4bears, love the siggy! The other thing I want to know is....what is a "crop"? or a "RAK"? I do know what a CAKE is! (but not how it pertains to scrapping, lol!)

4. The Digital Design Industry has standard sizes and quality guidelines. A "tagger" kit is much smaller in size both pixels and inches than a full size standard digital kit of 300dpi. The higher pixel per inch is for quality printing. All items here are full sized. :)
    And, "Hello, Kitty!" LOL!!

Hello Kitty! LOL! LOL! There's no such thing as a silly question! :) Amanda answered the tagger kit question for you (actually I wasn't sure either what it was...:)).
    To *crop* an image, element or paper means to *cut* it in such a way that it meets your requirements or pleases you.
    RAK means *Random Act of Kindness*.

Hugs
    Andrea

Proudly creating for Godigitalscrapbooking, Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps,
    JanetB Designs, Studio4 Designworks, StarSongStudio, Les idées de Christine

Hmm, I didn't know about RAK and a tagger kit. All those abbreviations are for the most part unknown to me. Is there a list of them here on the site? Seems like I've seen that somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Hellokitty1661 View Post
    Glad to know I'm not the only one! btw mama4bears, love the siggy! The other thing I want to know is....what is a "crop"? or a "RAK"? I do know what a CAKE is! (but not how it pertains to scrapping, lol!)
    A "crop" is a hold-over term from the days of paper scrapping, when we literally cropped photo after photo! In digi, it's just a term that means a group getting together, either on the computer or in real life, to scrap.

RAK stands for random act of kindness, ie. a freebie usually. We have them here daily, in the form of our Daily Download. :-)

I think CAKE stands for Create A Kit Event; a lot of stores have similar sales. Each designer makes a portion of a larger kit, and the customer can purchase just the parts she wants.

(Oops! didn't see the other responses! Sometimes that happens...)

The tagger size kits are often used for siggies (your signature which follows all of your posts) and for ATC's (artist's trading cards) but I prefer to use the 300dpi images for best printing quality.

9. I would not suggest using taggers for ATC's as the quality is not there for you- any way you look at it. Especially if you are going to print and do a hybrid ATC.

10. Patty, I see you have a siggy and blinkie in your post. Can you tell me how to add one for myself so it shows up in the forum? Thanks so much!

Charlene

Quote Originally Posted by PattyB View Post
    The tagger size kits are often used for siggies (your signature which follows all of your posts) and for ATC's (artist's trading cards) but I prefer to use the 300dpi images for best printing quality.