shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creative Traveler

Smile Creative Traveler

Hello Everyone!!

My name is Cyndi Lyn Waldmann. My real name is Cynthia given to me by my dad. I was an Air Force Brat: born in Dover Delaware & then I moved to Scotland when I was real young, & then moved back to the states & lived in: Sacramento, California & then Grizzly Flats, Ca., & in various area's of San Diego, Ca., & in Grass Valley, Ca. We also lived in Michigan in the U.P.: in Marquette/Harvey area. Then I got married & moved to Springfield, VT & then about 3 years ago moved to Arizona where we do not have to change our time.

I’m a homemaker, to my wonderful husband who is a trucker by trade. My husband & I love to travel & have been to various countries & to various states. We’ve been to Europe: Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Poland. We’ve been to Great Britain: London & Scotland. We’ve also been to Asia: South Korea.

I’m creative @ most things that I set my mind & hands to do: I can look @ most things & imitate it, in regards to purses & I have a creative mind with idea’s in regards to making backpacks & I have a new sewing machine & have learned to love to sew. I enjoy Nouveau Art & love to make Jewelry. I enjoy Digital Scrap, as well as scrap by hand & card making & crocheting (I crochet my own bathing suits with my own patterns in my head).

That's a wrap!!

Hi Cyndi! Welcome to GDS. Thanks for introducing yourself and letting us get to know you. My DH is Retired Air Force, and a Retired Trucker! I know your life well, :)

Look forward to seeing you around GDS.

3. Welcome Cyndi and what a fantastic introduction. You sound like you have a full life full of creativity so loving that you choose to spend time here.

Sharon

Thumbs up

I'm glad to be here & surrounded by such talent: I checked out the links in both UR siggys. It is nice to meet you both.

Welcome Cyndi! It's great to meet someone who lived so close (Eastern shore, MD here) and who has lived in my ever dreamed of homeland of Scotland. Hoping to get there someday as it's said that we have a castle there and a college named after my family.

Sounds like you're wonderfully creative and it's great to have you joining us! Again, big welcome to GDS!

Smile

Thanks!! I was born in Delaware, while my sister was born in Scotland. I didn't think my sister ever would get a change to see it, so I went to see it & our place where we stayed while living in Scotland. Now, If I can find the old pictures & put them together with the new pictures, I'd have some more wonderful pictures to scrap.

Hi Cyndi! Welcome!
    I'm a fellow travel-lover, digi-scrapping, crafter-of-many-trades! I am so impressed that you make your own backpacks! The Male and I are planning our next vacation, to Scotland! I've bought all the travel guides and we are dreaming. Hopefully, this fall.

Welcome, Cyndi! I, too, am an Air Force brat, born in the US but spent time in England and Germany. We lived in Arizona for many years, and I'm a UofA grad, though many years older than you. Amazing what the commonalities are amongst us all in the digiworld! Hope you enjoy the site!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Precepts and Promises View Post
    Hi Cyndi! Welcome!
    I'm a fellow travel-lover, digi-scrapping, crafter-of-many-trades! I am so impressed that you make your own backpacks! The Male and I are planning our next vacation, to Scotland! I've bought all the travel guides and we are dreaming. Hopefully, this fall.
    Wow: all ya need to do is plan some lightweight backpacking & UR good to go. On one of our trips, we took the light weight back packs on our trip & it made it so nice, we didn't have to drop, nor to have to go & pick up our luggage. My husband is the planner, & he had our book marked up for when we went to 3 different islands for our honeymoon.

If you hike &/Or desire to carry lightweight backpacks, there is a book that tells you how easy they are to make. My husband made our backpacks. His dad is a retired Tailor, so my husband is good @ sewing as a result.

I never made a backpack myself, however designed one in my head & wrote the pattern down & now it stays in my head.

BTW: Scotland is a beautiful place. Be sure while there to have their Traditional meal & let me know what you think of it!! I myself love it & so did my husband. Haggis & Tips-N-Taters (Turnips & Potatoes) Mashed together. Here is their Traditional Meal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis

Enjoy!!

10. The turnips and potatoes, sound yummy, but the haggis... I have celiac, so I need to avoid oats, regardless. But, I'm pretty much game for trying anything!