shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creative Traveler

1. First, HI Cyndi!
    Glad to see you here! Looking forward to your pages with all those photos!

@Debra- We have a castle too, we were the Lords the Manor at Peveril Castle in Derbyshire, England. The 1/4 of us were from Scotland, and then German Jews and Welsh- with some Viking mixed in there somewhere, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Welcome Cyndi! It's great to meet someone who lived so close (Eastern shore, MD here) and who has lived in my ever dreamed of homeland of Scotland. Hoping to get there someday as it's said that we have a castle there and a college named after my family.

Sounds like you're wonderfully creative and it's great to have you joining us! Again, big welcome to GDS!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    Welcome, Cyndi! I, too, am an Air Force brat, born in the US but spent time in England and Germany. We lived in Arizona for many years, and I'm a UofA grad, though many years older than you. Amazing what the commonalities are amongst us all in the digiworld! Hope you enjoy the site!
    My husband & I went to see both our family, when we went to Germany & Switzerland. Nice when we both have family that comes from that area. I'm only starting to like this site, it helps to be on a creative team of one of the designers, so I look forward to sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Precepts and Promises View Post
    The turnips and potatoes, sound yummy, but the haggis... I have celiac, so I need to avoid oats, regardless. But, I'm pretty much game for trying anything!
    I didn't know & still do not know where my post went to, however according to your reply, I C U found it. I too am allergic to a lot of foods: there is so little foods I can actually enjoy. I have a love-hate relationship with foods: It seems the foods I like, hates me!!

[QUOTE=Amanda;245936]First, HI Cyndi!
    Glad to see you here! Looking forward to your pages with all those photos![QUOTE]

Thanks everyone for the welcome so far.

3. Welcome! So happy to see you here in the forums. You are among some very talented and friendly ladies :).
    ~~Happy scrapping
    Dawn

>>Grab my fan blinkie

4. Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    First, HI Cyndi!
    Glad to see you here! Looking forward to your pages with all those photos!

@Debra- We have a castle too, we were the Lords the Manor at Peveril Castle in Derbyshire, England. The 1/4 of us were from Scotland, and then German Jews and Welsh- with some Viking mixed in there somewhere, lol
    I think anyone who's remotely Northern European MUST have some viking in them! Those guys really got around...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Digi-Scrap View Post

BTW: Scotland is a beautiful place. Be sure while there to have their Traditional meal & let me know what you think of it!! I myself love it & so did my husband. Haggis & Tips-N-Taters (Turnips & Potatoes) Mashed together. Here is their Traditional Meal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis

Enjoy!!

Ummm, my DH is a Riley/ Scot/ Cherokee. I know about that dish- so best to anyone who downs it! LOL!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by daybreakscraps View Post
    Welcome! So happy to see you here in the forums. You are among some very talented and friendly ladies :).
    I C that: I like being observant whenever possible. Thanks for the welcome!!

Hi Cyndi, I just started to visit this forum a while a go and have to learn a lot!

We like to travel also, but we (Dutch) are visiting America ;-)
    Actually next september we pick up a car in Denver and travel through Arizona, Nevada to California, where my Uncle and his son are living in the Coachella Valley.

Most of the time I spend with my computer, for now rearanging my maps for digital scrapping.
    Gives me a headache, but it has to be done before I can go on for the fun part: making layouts!
    Last edited by Els AW; 06-30-2012 at 02:50 AM.

Cindi - so nice to get to know a little about you. I guess that's one nice thing about being an "army brat" is that you do get to experience things a lot of other people don't with the postings your family gets. I'm sure as you get older, a lot of these memories will be so precious if they're not already.

So glad you're a part of the GDS team!

Hi and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Precepts and Promises View Post
    I think anyone who's remotely Northern European MUST have some viking in them! Those guys really got around...
    It's where ginger hair originated from

Welcome to GDS, Cyndi! I loved reading your wonderful introdiction and itreally sounds like you lead a very busy but also very creative life. Imagine crocheting your own bathing suits! Wooww!
    I looove Scotland! I lived in London, England during the 80's and we've travelled to scotland quite a few times. Me thinks I have to dig out those old photos and do something with them.....:)

Hugs
    Andrea

Proudly creating for Godigitalscrapbooking, Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps,
    JanetB Designs, Studio4 Designworks, StarSongStudio, Les idées de Christine