shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask questions here...

Ask questions here...

Post any questions you might have about any of the lessons here and I will reply with an answer. Make sure you tell me what lesson you are asking about and what page in the tutorial you are having trouble with if applicable. I generally check questions several times a day. If you notice a delay in getting your question answered, feel free to remind me. I am probably pondering the best answer for you and will post as soon as possible but don't be afraid to ask again in case I missed it. The forum emails me when there is a new post but rarely a question may end up in my spam folder. Also, I am not online on Sundays so I answer any Sunday questions on Monday. :)

2. Question about submitting homework

I have completed classes Photoshop Advanced 1 a,b,c and have submitted my homework. Why is the background black on both of my assignments once they have posted? Not sure what I am doing to make that happen. I didn't have this problem when posting previous homework.

Thanks, Pam Harp

I have never figured out why it does that on some. It's got to be some random setting somewhere. I wish I could off a solution on that but it's been happening for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by harpfam View Post
    I have completed classes Photoshop Advanced 1 a,b,c and have submitted my homework. Why is the background black on both of my assignments once they have posted? Not sure what I am doing to make that happen. I didn't have this problem when posting previous homework.

Thanks, Pam Harp

lesson 1cAdvanced

Hi Andrea: I am working on June's advanced lesson 1c. Item #14 where you have to create the gradient. I am at a TOTAL loss as to how to get myself to duplicate the picture you have on Page 13/17. When I click to create the opacity stops and %, they are just not the right color (black/white). I am going to try to do a screen shot and email it to you of what I have done, but I just know it is wrong and am stuck here. Please help AGAIN!!! LOL I feel like such a pest.
    Thanks!
    Toni Ann

Here's a screen video for you:

Download here.

Don't worry about the color of the opacity stops in the actual stop. I newer versions of Photoshop, it shows up as shades of gray with the different opacity settings. Take a look at the video and see if it helps. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ladysaint View Post
    Hi Andrea: I am working on June's advanced lesson 1c. Item #14 where you have to create the gradient. I am at a TOTAL loss as to how to get myself to duplicate the picture you have on Page 13/17. When I click to create the opacity stops and %, they are just not the right color (black/white). I am going to try to do a screen shot and email it to you of what I have done, but I just know it is wrong and am stuck here. Please help AGAIN!!! LOL I feel like such a pest.
    Thanks!
    Toni Ann

Thank you again Andrea!! Video helped a tremendous amount.
    Got my hinge finished and uploaded. Off to week 2!!
    Toni Ann

Lesson 4b question cardboard

Hi Andrea: I have been stumped by the ADV class lesson 4b...cardboard. I uploaded my .psd file to your dropittome box for you to look at. My issue is really only on the last step. Whenever I release the clipping mask, the image looks correct, but if I follow the instructions and create a clipping mask, then the ribbed part goes away and my creation does not look like the final product in your picture lesson. I did try to raise the contrast all the way up, but then it turned my cardboard yellow and i didn't think that was right. I did most of the lesson, so not really worried about it too much, but whenever you have time to look over my file, I would appreciate if you could find my issue. I have done the lesson several times to attempt getting it right, but to no avail.
    Thanks Andrea!! I truly appreciate your help,
    Toni Ann

Hi Toni Ann,

I didn't get your .psd file. Sorry about that. Can you try uploading it again so I can see where you are going wrong? It has to be less than 75 mb to upload so you might need to zip it up to compress it a little. Let me know.

Andrea

Hi Andrea: I have been stumped by the ADV class lesson 4b...cardboard. I uploaded my .psd file to your dropittome box for you to look at. My issue is really only on the last step. Whenever I release the clipping mask, the image looks correct, but if I follow the instructions and create a clipping mask, then the ribbed part goes away and my creation does not look like the final product in your picture lesson. I did try to raise the contrast all the way up, but then it turned my cardboard yellow and i didn't think that was right. I did most of the lesson, so not really worried about it too much, but whenever you have time to look over my file, I would appreciate if you could find my issue. I have done the lesson several times to attempt getting it right, but to no avail.
    Thanks Andrea!! I truly appreciate your help,
    Toni Ann

ADV lesson 4b ladysaint

Hi andrea: I am uploading the zipped file now. Thanks for your help!
    Toni ann

Hi Toni Ann,

I'm back from vacation and will be looking at this tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know.

Andrea

Hi andrea: I am uploading the zipped file now. Thanks for your help!
    Toni ann