shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Using Templates with ScrapbookMax!

Using Templates with ScrapbookMax!

I've had a lot of people ask how to use my templates with ScrapbookMax and I have figured out a way. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions to this tutorial as I am not a ScrapbookMax user. With my templates, I include all of the layers in PNG format, which is what you need to use them with ScrapbookMax. Try the following:

1. Locate the PNG folder that comes with my templates. Rename this folder to something unique such as "PNG_template85".

2. Copy this renamed folder to c:/Program Files/Scrapbook Max/Gallery/Images/Shapes

2. In Scrapbookmax, create a new, blank scrapbook page.

3. Import the paper you want to use by selecting Object->Paper Scrap->Browse from the menu, locating the paper jpg file, and pressing "ok" until it is imported into your scrapbook page.

4. Stretch the paper out to make sure it is the full size of the scrapbook page.

3. Double click on the paper and then under "Options" check the box "Custom Shape" and then click on the "Change Shape" button.

4. You should see the PNG folder folder that you renamed listed in the window on the left. Click on it and you will see the layers of the template in the right window.

5. Choose the template layer you want your paper to be cropped to and press "OK" on this screen and the next screen. It is best to start with the background layer.

6. Your paper should now be cropped to the template layer shape and should also be in the correct position.

7. Repeat from step #3 for each layer until you reach the top layer of the template. With stitching layers, or any other layers that you plan to use "as is" and not crop to paper, you can import those as an embellishment and position them where you want them.

Let me know if this works for everyone so I can make revisions to this if necessary!
    Last edited by Andrea; 06-21-2007 at 02:18 PM.

2. this works like a dream - I have done what you said and posted the page i made!

Smile

Thank you so much for this tutorial!! I'm going to try it! I've been a Scrapbook Max! user since I started digital scrapbooking and I've been so disappointed I couldn't use templates!! Thanks again!

Ohhhh WOW I am going to have to try this!!! I love your templates but dont know how to use them in any program, I have SBM and I am going to try this! I never thought of putting the template into the shapes folder. Just some advice when renaming... make sure you use Intials or a name with the shape so you will be able to give proper credit. My shapes folders are pretty well packed and alot of them I have no clue as to where I got them, so that is just a suggestion.

5. Andrea, thanks for doing the research and attempts to get this to work for Scrapbook Max users...hope you've found the answer!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Quote Originally Posted by crops2dawn View Post
    Ohhhh WOW I am going to have to try this!!! I love your templates but dont know how to use them in any program, I have SBM and I am going to try this! I never thought of putting the template into the shapes folder. Just some advice when renaming... make sure you use Intials or a name with the shape so you will be able to give proper credit. My shapes folders are pretty well packed and alot of them I have no clue as to where I got them, so that is just a suggestion.
    Yes, all of my PNG shapes for the templates do have my name in them. However, you should see them in their own separate folder in the shapes window, so they won't be just mixed in with everything else! So glad this is working! I'll have to start including them in a booster pack so you can click on the install dll and it will automatically copy them to the shapes folder. :)

7. hey now!!!! that would be the best idea you had all morning! LOL!!!!!!
    love and light
    faye
    x