shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May 30th Speed Scrap HERE!!!

May 30th Speed Scrap HERE!!!

Hey, scrappers! This will be the place for the speed scrap today. I'll be posting in both the chat room AND in this thread.
    See you soon!

OK, here we go:
    Step 1: Pick out 3 photos that tell your story; it would be helpful if they were horizontal or could be cropped to a horizontal shape. Edit them for clarity, etc. as you like. Place them in your Project Bin or somewhere easy to find for later.

Step 2: Open up a new document of your preferred scrapping size. Fill the background with a single paper that coordinates with your photos and stories.
    Save!

Step 3: Using a brush or a digital stamp, on a new layer, stamp or brush a large inked-looking stamp about in the center of your page. It should be rather large; it will peek out from our paper and photo layers.
    Open up a coresponding paper and add it to your layout, cropping it to a horizonal shape across the middle of your page, atop the brushwork, but not covering it completely. You could also use a paper mat, like a vintage receipt, or a map fragment. (This will just be to "ground" your photos on the page.) Get creative!
    Save!

Step 4: Add your photos in this manner: Make one photo the dominant picture, approximately a 5x7" size across your paper, to the left side of your page, stacked on the mat you placed in Step 3. The other two photos, crop or resize to approximately 3x2" inches, adding them to the opposite, right, side of the larger photo, on its vertical edge, one above the other. If you'd like, you can add a stroked border or frames, too.
    Save!

Step 5: Add a paper tag or label that peeks out from under your two smaller photos. Add your journaling to this tag.
    Save!

Step 6: Add a tag or a label to the top edge of your paper/photo cluster, and add your title to this.
    Save!

Step 7: Add embellishments as you like, but there must be a ribbon somewhere! Add a date to your page and upload it to the speed scrap gallery. Then come back here to post the link. Someone will be picked to win a $5 coupon to my store. You have one hour to complete your layout. Go!

And, thanks, all, for coming out to play today!
    Last edited by Precepts and Promises; 05-30-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Yeah!

I'm so sorry I missed this! I had to work today, and I didn't get here in time! SHUCKS!

Oh, I'm sorry you missed it,too, Lisa. But, if you follow the steps in the first post, you still have an hour to finish a layout!

Here's mine:

Oh, Dona that's awesome! I LOVE his expression!
    Here's mine:

I told you I was directionally challenged. Mine doesn't look like either of yours, LOL. Creative Interpretation!

Making a Splash

DOO-RAG ...

THANKS FOR HOSTING BARBARA!!!
    Last edited by scrapn4christ; 05-30-2012 at 05:34 PM.

PROUDLY CREATING FOR ...
    GDS STXIV, STUDIO4 DESIGN WORKS AND
    [/CENTER][/CENTER]

Great job, ladies! As soon as my Random Number Generator gets home from work, I'll be sending out a coupon to one of you!
    Thank you for joining me!!!

10. Wow, they are each unique! We had a workshop to attend this evening- would have rather been here.