shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, What's Cookin'??

1. Hey, What's Cookin'??

I have thought many times about posting a thread like this where we can share cooking/baking tips and just tell "what's for supper"! :)

Feel free to add photos if you are a foodie! Recipes too!!
    Last edited by Amanda; 05-17-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Aaack! This reminded me that I have NOTHING prepared for dinner tonight! Oops! Be back later!

Ours is leftover night I believe.

Last night I made Butterfly Pork Chops with Homemade Stuffing in the crock pot! They are sooooo yummy and get so tender! Love it!

I'm a big fan of the Crockin' girls website and found the recipe there!

4. Oh that sounds good! I recently have stopped being a pork fan- just doesn't "set" well with me these days. ONly pork that does is pork chops. MMMM!
    We had simple spaghetti- being in the middle of painting the room, I kept it simple. But you will be hearing about my Indian, Greek, and Latin American foods!

Well, I have carrot-ginger chicken soup on the stove and it's beginning to smell really tasty. I'll add some collard greens, too. :-)

6. Hmmm, that sounds like a recipe wanting to be shared!

Well, then, here it is:
    Carrot-Ginger Soup

2 tablespoons sweet cream butter
    2 onions, peeled and chopped
    6 cups chicken broth
    2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
    2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
    1 cup whipping cream (I'm using coconut milk)
    Salt and white pepper
    Sour cream
    Parsley sprigs, for garnish

Directions

In a 6-quart pan, over medium high heat, add butter and onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are limp. Add broth, carrots, and ginger. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender when pierced.

Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. (I use an immersion blender.) Don't fill the blender more than half way, do it in batches if you have to. Cover the blender and then hold a kitchen towel over the top of the blender*. Be careful when blending hot liquids as the mixture can spurt out of the blender. Pulse the blender to start it and then puree until smooth. Return to the pan and add cream, stir over high heat until hot. For a smoother flavor bring soup to a boil, add salt and pepper, to taste.

Ladle into bowls and garnish with dollop sour cream and parsley sprigs.

I've added some cooked, cubed chicken and some collard greens. It IS yummy!

8. Cool! Thanks!!

9. I've had Carrot Cake on the brain. Love to make it from scratch, problem is, it doesn't stay on the brain. It slips down quite a bit lower, IFYWIM...
    What are your favorite desserts to make?

I made this tonight by the Pioneer Woman

My husband loved it!! Its super spicy...which I cant do, mild salsa is spicy for me!

but if you like spicy he said it is delicious!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...chicken-pasta/