shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've finally found Photo Paper I love!!

Hybrid View

I've finally found Photo Paper I love!!

A while back I asked which type of paper did you guys like when printing your layouts. I had been using High Gloss paper but found it a bit much. The feedback I got was that most people use Matte. I bought some matte paper and used it and was satisfied. Today I ran up on some Photo paper in Walmart. Its by JetPrint Photo and it is call Portrait Studio Satin Photo Paper. It is Brilliant Satin. It really has the look of being printed by a photographer. I printed out a couple of my layouts in 8X8 and they came out truly beautiful. Just wanted to let you know if anyone is interested. Oh by the way, the pack of 25 sheets cost around $11.00.

What size is the paper?

It's 8 1/2 by 11 so I could only print 8x8

ok. thanks!

Thanks for the tip! I don't print much, but I sure like it look purty when I do.
    ~~Julie P.~~

6. what kind of printer do you have? brand?
    i am on the search for a good semi gloss paper... i tried kodak with my canon printer and it printed funky...

7. Question photo paper on a lexmark printer

I have a lexmark, does any one know what type of photo paper works best with it?

Hi, just chiming in here with a suggestion to do a hunt on the internet for a study done on life of different papers from different vendors. I've seen it and remember that certain paper brands only have a 2-5 year life in terms of retaining quality of prints. I don't have the URL or else I would post it.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

At GPS printing, they do say that satin paper's life expectancy is lower than matte. I'm going to have to check that out.

You also need to bear in mind that its not just the paper that determines how long the quality lasts - it depends on the ink, and the ink's compatability with the paper too.