shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: HOWDY! from Kansas! :D

Hybrid View

1. HOWDY! from Kansas! :D

Howdy 'yall! hehehe... I don't really talk like that, but, some believe I should since I'm from Kansas. And no, I don't have a pair of ruby red slippers on my shoe rack. but i DO have two amazing pair of cow girl boots! Yeeee Haw! LOL.

My name is Leslie but everyone calls me Momma Harvey. ;) I turned 31 this year and am a proud momma to my sweet little boy, Wyatt. My wonderful husband works for the rail road, and we have three dogs, Cotton, Dixie, and Dixie... yes... we have two dogs named Dixie...long story. (holy cow... I didn't realize how country western we really were until I started typing out my bio... scary.....).

I work full time as a Marketing Manager in the travel and tourism industry and do a LOT of freelance design work on the side. I started my digital art adventure before my son was born... you know... you can't have all the traditional tools spread across your living room floor when a baby is involved...

I am now diving in to the Art Journal world and LOVING it. Art Journaling really allows me to express the artist in me and not get hung up on the scrappy book aspect. ;) Although, I still "project life" the heck out of photos of my son. Hehe.

Anyway, this is a little bit about me. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Hi there Momma Harvey! A very warm welcome here at GDS! I'm sure you're going to love it here - we're a right friendly bunch and there's a lot of Art Journalling going on, too! Have you checked out *ARTcheology of the Soul* by Outside the Box Design Studio yet? We also have a lot of amazing challenges and contests here. Be sure to check out the Daily Download, too - there's an amazing freebie waiting for you every day! Oh, and if you have any questions, just holler - somebody will be right with you to try and help!

Hugs
    Andrea

Proudly creating for Godigitalscrapbooking, Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps,
    JanetB Designs, Studio4 Designworks, StarSongStudio, Les idées de Christine

3. Quote Originally Posted by bombalurina59 View Post
    Hi there Momma Harvey! A very warm welcome here at GDS! I'm sure you're going to love it here - we're a right friendly bunch and there's a lot of Art Journalling going on, too! Have you checked out *ARTcheology of the Soul* by Outside the Box Design Studio yet? We also have a lot of amazing challenges and contests here. Be sure to check out the Daily Download, too - there's an amazing freebie waiting for you every day! Oh, and if you have any questions, just holler - somebody will be right with you to try and help!

Hugs
    Andrea
    Yes ma'am I've checked it out.. the ARTcheolgy of the Soul group that is. I'm a team member. :) Loving it! Thanks for the warm welcome too!

Hi Leslie/Momma Harvey!
    Well, we're practically neighbors, LOL! I'm in Blair, Nebraska. Welcome to GDS, I think you'll love it here, I know I do!

5. Quote Originally Posted by lharvey81 View Post
    Howdy 'yall! hehehe... I don't really talk like that, but, some believe I should since I'm from Kansas. And no, I don't have a pair of ruby red slippers on my shoe rack. but i DO have two amazing pair of cow girl boots! Yeeee Haw! LOL.

My name is Leslie but everyone calls me Momma Harvey. ;) I turned 31 this year and am a proud momma to my sweet little boy, Wyatt. My wonderful husband works for the rail road, and we have three dogs, Cotton, Dixie, and Dixie... yes... we have two dogs named Dixie...long story. (holy cow... I didn't realize how country western we really were until I started typing out my bio... scary.....).

I work full time as a Marketing Manager in the travel and tourism industry and do a LOT of freelance design work on the side. I started my digital art adventure before my son was born... you know... you can't have all the traditional tools spread across your living room floor when a baby is involved...

I am now diving in to the Art Journal world and LOVING it. Art Journaling really allows me to express the artist in me and not get hung up on the scrappy book aspect. ;) Although, I still "project life" the heck out of photos of my son. Hehe.

Anyway, this is a little bit about me. Looking forward to getting to know you!
    Hey, Leslie-
    well, we do say "ya'll" here in the Carolinas even though we both grew up in the North. And my boots wore out. Guess I will be looking for a new pair this Fall! You are going to have fun with the team and the people here. Welcome again!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19100&dateline=140957  8467

Welcome from Kansas! You don't sound country to me at all! hehe

GDS is a great place to hang out! Plenty of friendly, helpful people - just like Kansas!