shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Creative Birthday Project Ideas Needed

Talking Creative Birthday Project Ideas Needed

Hello,
    I wanted to start off the day researching the ideas that people may have thought of ,or did for that matter of "Creative Birthday Projects" anything from Birthday Party Invites , Activities for the Party,Favors, Treats, Unique Gifts .... Really the Skies are the Limits as they say and that is VERY TRUE ! So With Summer Near and I having 4 Special Birthdays during the Summer , I thought that I'd get to searching and while I were here I'd get the best of the best involved !!! YOU ALL :)

If you have did anything CREATIVE or OUT OF THE LINES from the "Traditional Birthday" stuff PLEASE SHARE HERE !! I have 4 Birthdays where they are going to turn 12,18,19 years old !

I have NEVER thrown a CREATIVE PARTY AND WOULD LOVE TOO !! ,@ that trying to do that on a BUDGET !!! YIKERS ....... Anyway Ideas are needed and while your @ it if there are Idea' for other AGES ,besides the ages of My Kids POST THEM !!!

There are others that MAY BE LOOKING FOR THAT AGE AREA .... Weather for their children or a niece and nephews ..Grandparents and all other family and friends ... ANYONE AND ANY AGE !!

A NOTER BEFORE I CLOSE:
    The ages of My Children are posted as to the ages that they are turning and @ that the 12 is for that of My Twin Daughters that turn 12 in June. My SOON TO BE 18 Year Old is My Older Daughter and she Turns 18 ..............Just 2 Days after the Twins Turn 12 .... THAT IS A MAJOR BLOW FOR US AS THROWING 2 PARTIES THAT CLOSE IS WAY TO HARD AND WE TRIED THE PARTY THING TOGETHER AND THAT WAS A DISASTER :(

Then that leaves me with the last Birthday .... My Son !!! The man of the house !!!!!! He turns 19 and I don't think a Tea Party is up his alley either !! lol...lol...lol.. His is in July and @ the end of that Month.

I hope that there are others that can use the info here and We can't wait to see what the other ideas are ! Have a Great Friday .... Enjoy the Weekend Too... I'm off here to go with the kids since they are OUT OF SCHOOL TODAY !!

I'll check this Tonight after the call it a night !

Hugs,
    Daneta

2. Quote Originally Posted by Love4Scrap View Post
    Hello,
    I wanted to start off the day researching the ideas that people may have thought of ,or did for that matter of "Creative Birthday Projects" anything from Birthday Party Invites , Activities for the Party,Favors, Treats, Unique Gifts .... Really the Skies are the Limits as they say and that is VERY TRUE ! So With Summer Near and I having 4 Special Birthdays during the Summer , I thought that I'd get to searching and while I were here I'd get the best of the best involved !!! YOU ALL :)

If you have did anything CREATIVE or OUT OF THE LINES from the "Traditional Birthday" stuff PLEASE SHARE HERE !! I have 4 Birthdays where they are going to turn 12,18,19 years old !

I have NEVER thrown a CREATIVE PARTY AND WOULD LOVE TOO !! ,@ that trying to do that on a BUDGET !!! YIKERS ....... Anyway Ideas are needed and while your @ it if there are Idea' for other AGES ,besides the ages of My Kids POST THEM !!!

There are others that MAY BE LOOKING FOR THAT AGE AREA .... Weather for their children or a niece and nephews ..Grandparents and all other family and friends ... ANYONE AND ANY AGE !!

A NOTE BEFORE I CLOSE:
    The ages of My Children are posted as to the ages that they are turning and @ that the 12 is for that of My Twin Daughters that turn 12 in June. My SOON TO BE 18 Year Old is My Older Daughter and she Turns 18 ..............Just 2 Days after the Twins Turn 12 .... THAT IS A MAJOR BLOW FOR US AS THROWING 2 PARTIES THAT CLOSE IS WAY TO HARD AND WE TRIED THE PARTY THING TOGETHER AND THAT WAS A DISASTER :(

Then that leaves me with the last Birthday .... My Son !!! The man of the house !!!!!! He turns 19 and I don't think a Tea Party is up his alley either !! lol...lol...lol.. His is in July and @ the end of that Month.

I hope that there are others that can use the info here and We can't wait to see what the other ideas are ! Have a Great Friday .... Enjoy the Weekend Too... I'm off here to go with the kids since they are OUT OF SCHOOL TODAY !!

I'll check this Tonight after the call it a night !

Hugs,
    Daneta

Daneta, when our daughter turned 12, we had a Mermaid/Pirate sort of party, near the pool. We had a treasure hunt, I made her a mermaid costume( I will try to find that photo) and we decorated with palm trees made of Bulletin Board paper from a teacher's store- but you could also use poster board. We had leis and drinks with umbrellas- anything you can think of to jazz it up. We were married students at Christ For The Nations, so we too were on a strict budget.

HERE is a link for ideas

Our son didn't like parties much, he only had a Barney party and a Veggie Tales party.Don't think your young man would go for that! So I am a real bummer for you there... ours now is 21 and just married.
    I feel for you too in that our son's birthday is December 21st, and my husband's is December 29!!
    Last edited by Amanda; 04-20-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Amanda , I Thank you for the Reply !!! We have just did a cake in whatever they liked @ the time and then had ice cream . We would get a gift from that Toy IE Barbie or movie or whatever .... When it was just the older daughter we did the Ariel theme cake and for her Birthday She received the ENTIRE ARIEL BEDDING AND ROOM DECOR !!! I can't do that anymore ... Now that there are 3 daughters !! ... And as Far as My Son goes I have alway tried here and there , just not sure ! He isn't much for the PARTY THEMING TYPE SO I NEVER KNOW !!! THANKS for the post ... LOVE the idea !!!!

If there's still time, a pool party works well I think for all ages, especially teenagers :)

Thinking of you... All these special occasions happening at the same time... Best of luck!!