shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new mouse is sick

My new mouse is sick

I searched the web, and the MS knowledge base. I've installed a couple of "helpful" programs that didn't work. I uninstalled and re-installed the correct software, and checked for a update for my 4 month old MS wireless laser mouse. The scroll wheel won't scroll anymore! I see where lots of people have had the same problem with other brands, but I can't find a software fix that works. Anyone here who can help would be an angel! If I could find the receipt, I'd take it back to the store for a replacement. I do believe I registered it online, though; I usually do. It is just sitting there, with its non-existant tail tucked between its legs. I think it must be the hardware. Grrr.

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

Oh NO, Barbara!!

I'd be takin' that sick lil' mousie BACK to the store for a replacement! I'm sure that your warranty will cover 4 months! I've never liked wireless mouses ... I'm kinda spoiled now with my laptop's touchpad
    ~Traci~

Do you mean the scroll wheel doesn't move at all (jammed) or it doesn't scroll your page when you move it? Whenever my mouse starts to act up, I change the batteries. I sure hope that is the problem...an easy fix!

Quote Originally Posted by mosser77 View Post
    Do you mean the scroll wheel doesn't move at all (jammed) or it doesn't scroll your page when you move it? Whenever my mouse starts to act up, I change the batteries. I sure hope that is the problem...an easy fix!
    Sadly, no, new batteries didn't help. The scroll wheel turns but it doesn't scroll the page. I think Traci's got the right idea, and I may go back to a corded mouse. The big honkin' desktop of mine - do they make a touchpad for them?

GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

5. So sorry to hear about that sick little one... I have a wireless Logitech and it works wonderfully... only uses one double A battery too!

Mine is a logitech, as well - and for the most part it works. I do get frustrated at time with it - but usually a fresh battery or a new mouse pad is all the fix it needs.

Aw - I have a logitech mouse too - and usually a battery or new mouse pad works for it too. If you have tried reinstalling and have changed the battery and it still doesn't work - well - it sounds like you need a new mouse or get this one fixed.

Here's what your mouse is going to look like if it doesn't straighten up!

We do not stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.

8. HA!!!

I love mouses!
    The one I bought for my laptop, broke.
    So I know how you feel Barbara.

I had to give up. I've gone back to my old wired mouse and will try to return my new one. With the joints in my hands like they are (arthritis) I can't use a Logitech - too any odd angles for me. This is the second time I've tried a wireless mouse, and haven't like either one.

GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara