shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginners Start Here

1. I have CS4 and I do not have a photo bin. I usually have windows explorer open and CS4. I then just make them fit half the screen so I can see what I want to drag and drop into CS. Once I've done that, I make CS4 full screen again. I'll check with my friend who I think has 5 to see if she knows about the photo bin.

I have CS5, but don't know what the photo bin is..do you maybe mean the Layers Palette? When you have the Layers Palette open, it shows you all the layers that are in the Template. To find it you go to Windows on the top bar of Photoshop and click on Layers, that should then open a little window on your screen, that is the layers palette..

3. Smile

thank you never though to do that....I appreciate you answering so quick...

4. Quote Originally Posted by tracemine2 View Post
    I just started on this site and and just starting to do digital scrapbooking. I was just looking at the new tutorials on how to do a temple and they were using Photoshop. I have Photoshop CS5 and I noticed that when they opened the temple they they went to where there kit was and opened up the files..that they had a place on the bottom that you could see your kit that you clicked on..how do you get that on the page so you can see the idem you have chosen
    thanks for any help...I can use all the help I can get, I sure hope this makes sense...LOL...I went back and the question I am asking is.....is there a photo bin in Photoshop CS5..so that you can see all your files.
    Relax.. Take a deep breath. I'm only on iPad at this time of the evening. I use CS5 as my main program , although ... I have many others.
    I'm happy to assist in any way you need.
    This is an awesome program.
    Designs by Marcie is a friend of mine .
    Please type back. It will be ok.
    m

There is no photo bin in CS5. That is a unique feature of Photoshop Elements. The closest thing you have in CS5 is mini bridge. In CS5, you open through Window > Extensions > Mini Bridge. In CS5,

Quote Originally Posted by tracemine2 View Post
    I just started on this site and and just starting to do digital scrapbooking. I was just looking at the new tutorials on how to do a temple and they were using Photoshop. I have Photoshop CS5 and I noticed that when they opened the temple they they went to where there kit was and opened up the files..that they had a place on the bottom that you could see your kit that you clicked on..how do you get that on the page so you can see the idem you have chosen
    thanks for any help...I can use all the help I can get, I sure hope this makes sense...LOL...I went back and the question I am asking is.....is there a photo bin in Photoshop CS5..so that you can see all your files.

6. There was no link in my e-mail for the Welcome Kit. ?????

Quote Originally Posted by lshrader23 View Post
    There was no link in my e-mail for the Welcome Kit. ?????
    We've had a few glitches the last few days and the site was down. Unfortunately, our owner is in the middle of a move, and without internet for a few days. I'm sure we can get this worked out soon for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    There is no photo bin in CS5. That is a unique feature of Photoshop Elements. The closest thing you have in CS5 is mini bridge. In CS5, you open through Window > Extensions > Mini Bridge. In CS5,
    What you can do (not only for Photoshop, it works everywhere!): open your file of the kit you want to work with in Explorer, open a workspace in Photoshop and go back to the file. Drag the things you want in your LO to the workspace. Ready! It also works with files where your photos are!
    No need to make categories in a separate place, just work with your own files.
    creative greetings,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be here I have Corel pspx6 but I guess I can install Photoshop element my son has it ,I will be looking for tutorials and try to make my first layout

one question
    I know you have tutorial for Scrapbooking but I would like to know if you have tutorials
    to make scrap kits?
    thank you