shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Anyone from Kansas?

Hybrid View

Anyone from Kansas?

Hi! I live in south-central Kansas and have yet to meet anyone around here that digi scraps. Most people don't even know it exists! I feel like a freak because I don't paper scrap. Everyone gets together to scrap once a month and I feel left out. I'll join them whether they want me or not once I get a laptop!

While I have lots of great online digiscrapping buddies, I'd love to meet someone "in person" and be able to share ideas and techniques. It would just be nice to have someone to visit with about digiscrapping where I can use my voice instead of my keyboard to "talk".

Let me know if you're out there!

Tricia

lol - it sounds as though where you are is just like it is over here in England!! noone really knows much about it - and their faces just glaze over when I try to explain - especially as even paper scrapping isn't overly popular here either! I had to travel to Canada to meet some fellow digiscrappers, and would love to do it again!

Am sure you will meet lots of great 'cyber-friends' here at gds - everyone is fab here :)

I feel for ya Tricia!! Most people around here where I live (Western PA) think that I'm amazing because I know how to put an attachment on my emails
    So, although I'm not from Kansas . .. I can feel your pain!!
    ~Traci~

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsfans View Post
    Hi! I live in south-central Kansas and have yet to meet anyone around here that digi scraps. Most people don't even know it exists! I feel like a freak because I don't paper scrap. Everyone gets together to scrap once a month and I feel left out. I'll join them whether they want me or not once I get a laptop!

While I have lots of great online digiscrapping buddies, I'd love to meet someone "in person" and be able to share ideas and techniques. It would just be nice to have someone to visit with about digiscrapping where I can use my voice instead of my keyboard to "talk".

Let me know if you're out there!

Tricia
    I live in Florida now, but grew up in Newton, and will always consider myself a Kansan. Go Jayhawks!!

Tricia,
    There are a couple ppl here from KS. I'm in KC MO. It's tough to find locals!

Hugs,
    Theresa

I live a few hours away in Colorado Springs.

Even though there are people I know here in the springs that digiscrap, I've found that they don't really like to 'get together' to scrapbook - maybe because they only have a desktop computer, or whatever.

7. Hi Tricia,

Welcome to GDS!! I live in So Cal, and would also like to find other local scrappers, but I think that'll have to wait 'till I get a laptop. Feel free to "talk" to us until you can find some people out the IRL.
    Patty

Say Hello if'n ya wanna.....userID PattyN

ME! ME! ME! But I'm up in the NW corner.........
    AMY

FREE AT LAST - DID AWAY WITH THE DRAMA!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Say "HELLO" to me ~ alfenner