shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do YOU organize?

I have several main folders and then many sub folders within those.
    1: CT folder - individual designer folders as sub folders - once I complete the assignment for the CT, then the I move the kit folder to the Store/Designer folders withing All Scrapbooking.
    2. Current Month folder - then broken done by Store -then at the end of the month I move everything to my All Scrapbooking files
    3. All Scrapbooking files - broken down by Store with sub folders by designer within that. and if I know a designer has left that store, then I move that to a separate folder for just that designer.
    I also have individual folders for templates and Word Art, to make it easier to find those.
    Sounds confusing, but it works for me, lol.

I have two of the Western Digital/My Passport hard drives! I love them. I have everything stored on there instead of on my computer hard drive.

But, word of warning, I did have a previous version that crashed on me and I was not able to recover everything, so now I am trying to make sure I back up to a second location!

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    I have two of the Western Digital/My Passport hard drives! I love them. I have everything stored on there instead of on my computer hard drive.

But, word of warning, I did have a previous version that crashed on me and I was not able to recover everything, so now I am trying to make sure I back up to a second location!
    I now have three of them!! they are so small you can take them with you!!! I have three of them. Im lazy bout deleting from my computer I have such a huge hard drive on there...but I copy pics, collage sheets etc to two of my passports a back up of back up just incase! and I just got a new one that is going to be just for my digi scrap stuff! Im always scared of loosing everything!

Quote Originally Posted by criostirado View Post
    I now have three of them!! they are so small you can take them with you!!! I have three of them. Im lazy bout deleting from my computer I have such a huge hard drive on there...but I copy pics, collage sheets etc to two of my passports a back up of back up just incase! and I just got a new one that is going to be just for my digi scrap stuff! Im always scared of loosing everything!
    I love my passport. Hoping to get another one in the near future as I dropped my old one in June & I lost everything!! It has been hard trying to get my pics back. Thankfully mom had a good many of them I was able to get from her over Christmas. So word to the wise... DON'T DROP THEM! ...lol...

As far as organizing, I have a folder for the CT's I'm on, and a DIGI SCRAP'N folder. In this folder I break it down by store then designer. If it was a freebie from blogs or FB, then I group them under freebies if I don't know the designer or if it's from a blog train then I've got a folder for the trains by month. I only wish there was a way of keeping the folders, but also organizing by item. So when I do Speed scrap or progressive scrap & need a specific item it would be much easier to find.

PROUDLY CREATING FOR ...
    GDS STXIV, STUDIO4 DESIGN WORKS AND
    [/CENTER][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by scrapn4christ View Post
    ... I only wish there was a way of keeping the folders, but also organizing by item. So when I do Speed scrap or progressive scrap & need a specific item it would be much easier to find.
    Tammy, see my post above for one way to do this.