shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hero's Thank You - we need your help!

Oh Joy.....of course!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

My July quotes for the Quote Challenge are all for Freedom and Liberty. hmmm....

Hugs,
    Theresa

Please count me in. I don't know anyone in the military right now, but have had family in WWII, Korea and Vietnam, so have always supported our troops and their work to keep us free. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

4. What a neat idea.

I have to admit, I couldn't watch the video because the last thing I need to be is crying and getting myself sick!

This is such a great idea and I know the family members and the soldiers are all going to appreciate what a nice thing this is. In our day where people are so negative, it is then that our soldiers need to know most that people do care that they are risking their lives for not only our freedom, but other's freedom as well.

Thank you again GDS for such a great idea and wonderful "Thank you" to our soldiers and their family's.
    Wendy
    ~The Name Behind Neverland Scraps~

5. One quick question. Do they have to be layout? My daughter drew a drawing of her daddy in the Army, which I have posted at another site. Is this anything you'd be interested in since a 5-year old drew her "hero"?

Also, I have linked my husband with this thread in hopes that he can get soldiers email addys. So fingers crossed you'll get some emails with his efforts.
    Wendy
    ~The Name Behind Neverland Scraps~

6. re: videos

This is a great idea! I come to this forum, but have never posted. I need to try and get something done for this one.
    The link that was given for the Video of Tim McGraw is the original singing, check out these 2 that people have put the pics to go with the song. VERY moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-o9aCoeGoI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrxnY...elated&search=

My husband is retired Air Force, as is his father. My father served in WWII. Although I never served in the military, I have been a Police Officer for 19 years, and feel I do my part on a local front. Thanks to all who serve!

7. even better!! watch, and tell me you dont want to help..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz8PISGCWh8&NR=1

Quote Originally Posted by hystrix21 View Post
    One quick question. Do they have to be layout? My daughter drew a drawing of her daddy in the Army, which I have posted at another site. Is this anything you'd be interested in since a 5-year old drew her "hero"?

Also, I have linked my husband with this thread in hopes that he can get soldiers email addys. So fingers crossed you'll get some emails with his efforts.

Personally, I can't imagine a more perfect "layout" than a child's letter to her Daddy. And who makes a better hero than a Daddy? Mine was to me.....

A Message For her Daddy: You and all the others who serve ARE heroes, not just to your little ones, but all of us. Thank you, soldier. Our thoughts are with you. You stay safe and come home to that little girl that knows you're a hero.

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

Holly, can I make a suggestion? The gallery is listed under the heading "Charity". Could we call it a "Tribute" instead? If I know the military as I think I do, charity is the last thing they'd ever ask for.

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

Yes sure Barbara....makes sense!

Ladies, I have some email addreses by way of Barbara and I'm super excited about that...keep em coming everyone!

Thanks Barbara!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.