shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: A Hero's Thank You - we need your help!

Quote Originally Posted by WifeofArmyNCO View Post
    Those are fantastic additions to the list ... the patients would love it. I also think it would be neat to send them at various points in the year, not just the 4th of July holiday. Service members are deployed all the time. I know that my husband's unit is getting ready to leave again at the end of the year. They will be gone for 15 months ... they lost way too many guys during their last deployment. Something like this would help them to know that someone other than their spouses cares and supports them.

For me personally I would love to be able to create a slideshow with these layouts to show on the big screen for their deployment ceremony. To send them off with a ton of support. Any thoughts on that idea? Not sure who I would contact, but I would love to do that if possible.

I think your project is absolutely a winner that should be done. If I can be of any help....I'm here.

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

Quote Originally Posted by griest View Post
    I will try to do another layout if time permits. What a great project for all of here at home who always ask" is there anything we can do?" To get behind a project like this is rewarding for the giver as well as the reciever. Thank you.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...6206&nocache=1
    Your layout moved me deeply. I remember hearing JFK speak those words, and nothing has changed in his sentiments. Thank you for remembering it and repeating it here.

GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by WifeofArmyNCO View Post
    Those are fantastic additions to the list ... the patients would love it. I also think it would be neat to send them at various points in the year, not just the 4th of July holiday. Service members are deployed all the time. I know that my husband's unit is getting ready to leave again at the end of the year. They will be gone for 15 months ... they lost way too many guys during their last deployment. Something like this would help them to know that someone other than their spouses cares and supports them.

For me personally I would love to be able to create a slideshow with these layouts to show on the big screen for their deployment ceremony. To send them off with a ton of support. Any thoughts on that idea? Not sure who I would contact, but I would love to do that if possible.
    I pm'd Debra about this since Holly's gone and she said they would gladly put the slideshow together for you and anyone else that would like it for such an event! Again, super super idea!
    AMY

FREE AT LAST - DID AWAY WITH THE DRAMA!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Say "HELLO" to me ~ alfenner

This is a terrific idea. Right now everyone is home in the US. and not planning on going back for a bit. Thank You Jesus! So I don't have anyone in the mid east right now.

Another layout for this great project. TFL!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...o=6316&cat=634

Quote Originally Posted by alfenner View Post
    I pm'd Debra about this since Holly's gone and she said they would gladly put the slideshow together for you and anyone else that would like it for such an event! Again, super super idea!

WTG Amy, Holly and Debra! I keep hearing over and over that the troops don't know how much they are supported - this way they'll see some tangible proof before they leave. I also love, love, love the idea of keeping this gallery going all year 'round.

GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

Printed Layouts Will Go To Iraq!

CavMom is printing layouts to go to Iraq in care packages! You can see her comment here:
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...o=6324&cat=634

Her son's unit has supplied many email addresses to Holly and Debra because they want to see the layouts, but CavMom is going a step further. I'm sure the hard copies will be hung in offices and tents all over the place for even more of the troops to see our thank yous. Keep up the good work, everyone - you're doing an awesome job!

GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

One more from me. The technique didn't come out quite like I had pictured, but the sentiment is there. TFL.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...3&limit=recent

Oh gosh, I can't tell you how it makes me feel to read this thread and everyone's comments! I'm so thankful to each and everyone one of you who have expressed yourselves here and in the gallery with your tribute layouts. Keep 'em coming!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.