shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hero's Thank You - we need your help!

Here's one for you, Joy, and all of our friends in the UK!

Last edited by bdjeepers; 06-06-2007 at 06:46 PM.

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

Wendy, please do upload your daughter's drawing! Thanks for getting any email addresses you can, we'd greatly appreciate it!!!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Quote Originally Posted by jls613 View Post
    This is a great idea! I come to this forum, but have never posted. I need to try and get something done for this one.
    The link that was given for the Video of Tim McGraw is the original singing, check out these 2 that people have put the pics to go with the song. VERY moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-o9aCoeGoI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrxnY...elated&search=

My husband is retired Air Force, as is his father. My father served in WWII. Although I never served in the military, I have been a Police Officer for 19 years, and feel I do my part on a local front. Thanks to all who serve!
    We'd love to have something from you, but in the meantime I'd like to thank YOU, another of our heroes who doesn't hear nearly enough of our thanks!

Last edited by bdjeepers; 06-06-2007 at 09:13 PM.

GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

4. I was just reading all of your comments about this tribute. I think it's a wonderful idea and I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for doing this. My husband is active army, home at the moment, but looking at going on his 4th tour to Iraq in 5 years. It's a trying time not having him home. Especially with a 2 year old who loves and adores her daddy. Sometimes it's the simple things in life that matter the most and knowing that the people who you are protecting appreciate what you are doing helps make their days worthwhile. A good and positive moral is always a good thing and a blessing to us family members waiting for their return. Thank you for this special tribute.

There's an old saying - "They also serve who sit and wait". What a difficult time it must be for you - the families - and your sacrifice is not forgotten, either. I know of some of the hardships that families endure, and none of it is easy, by any means. Please accept my thanks to you, too, and all those who wait for loved ones to return home. You are not forgotten, either, and I think you're very brave to be sending your husband for the 4th time around. I am grateful for his service, as is my entire family, and we all wish your family the very best. I would love to hear about him and his unit while he's away, so please do come and join our family here, and make yourself at home, OK? Tell him to pass the word over there that we want to get the message to all of them that we care, and wish we could get word out to them, but it is very difficult with the military's security structure.

Best wishes to you all,
    Barbara

GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

6. Quote Originally Posted by bdjeepers View Post
    I know I can help. I'll get right on it. Holly, I've sent you an email. It would be nice to send layouts to patients in the military hospitals here and overseas, too.
    Those are fantastic additions to the list ... the patients would love it. I also think it would be neat to send them at various points in the year, not just the 4th of July holiday. Service members are deployed all the time. I know that my husband's unit is getting ready to leave again at the end of the year. They will be gone for 15 months ... they lost way too many guys during their last deployment. Something like this would help them to know that someone other than their spouses cares and supports them.

For me personally I would love to be able to create a slideshow with these layouts to show on the big screen for their deployment ceremony. To send them off with a ton of support. Any thoughts on that idea? Not sure who I would contact, but I would love to do that if possible.

7. My thoughts prayers love and support to all of our military, to troops deployed and their families...you are all heros and remembered all thru the year not just on Memorial Day or Veterans Day, or 4th of July..Thank you from the bottom of my heart..and thanks to GDS for this wonderful and thoughtful project

Quote Originally Posted by WifeofArmyNCO View Post
    Those are fantastic additions to the list ... the patients would love it. I also think it would be neat to send them at various points in the year, not just the 4th of July holiday. Service members are deployed all the time. I know that my husband's unit is getting ready to leave again at the end of the year. They will be gone for 15 months ... they lost way too many guys during their last deployment. Something like this would help them to know that someone other than their spouses cares and supports them.

For me personally I would love to be able to create a slideshow with these layouts to show on the big screen for their deployment ceremony. To send them off with a ton of support. Any thoughts on that idea? Not sure who I would contact, but I would love to do that if possible.
    Ooooh! THAT would be awesome!!! I'll try to help you get in contact with the right people (I think that would be Holly, and she's on vacation).
    AMY

FREE AT LAST - DID AWAY WITH THE DRAMA!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Say "HELLO" to me ~ alfenner

9. Cool Mom's Are The Best!

Quote Originally Posted by bdjeepers View Post
    There's an old saying - "They also serve who sit and wait". What a difficult time it must be for you - the families - and your sacrifice is not forgotten, either. I know of some of the hardships that families endure, and none of it is easy, by any means. Please accept my thanks to you, too, and all those who wait for loved ones to return home. You are not forgotten, either, and I think you're very brave to be sending your husband for the 4th time around. I am grateful for his service, as is my entire family, and we all wish your family the very best. I would love to hear about him and his unit while he's away, so please do come and join our family here, and make yourself at home, OK? Tell him to pass the word over there that we want to get the message to all of them that we care, and wish we could get word out to them, but it is very difficult with the military's security structure.

Best wishes to you all,
    Barbara

What she (bdjeepers) hasn't said is that she was not only a military wife, but she also had to sit and wait while two of her three sons served as well (Her chocolate chip cookie care packages were always a treat!).

Thanks mom (aka momo) !

I will try to do another layout if time permits. What a great project for all of here at home who always ask" is there anything we can do?" To get behind a project like this is rewarding for the giver as well as the reciever. Thank you.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...6206&nocache=1
    Last edited by griest; 06-13-2007 at 04:37 PM.