shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hero's Thank You - we need your help!

A Hero's Thank You - we need your help!

goDigitalScrapbooking.com wants to give back to all those mentioned as well as honor those that have fallen!

First, what we need from you and anyone you know is to gather email addresses of military servicemen and servicewoman. You'll need to get permission from their families to give us the email address. Just send an email to charity@godigitalscrapbooking.com and include any email addresses that we are authorized to email to.

Second, if you can create a layout using any GDS product that gives thanks in a personal nature and post it in our gallery, then a layout will be emailed to each email address we receive. A special gallery will be created to collect these layouts. Please size the layouts at 600x600 so that they can easily be read when received by email.

Deadline for both is Sunday, June 27th. GDS will then assemble all and send the emails starting the weekend of July 1st in accordance with the 4th of July Holiday.

If you're not sure whether you want to help us....please just take a look at this video and read the lyrics to this song...

I'm Already Home
    by Tim McGraw

If youíre reading this and my mommas sitting there
    Looks like I only got a one way ticket over here
    Sure wish I could give you one more kiss
    And war was just a game we played when we were kids

Well Iím laying down my gun; Iím hanging up my boots
    Iím up here with God and were both watchiní over you

So lay me down, in that open field out on the edge of town
    I know my soul is where my momma always prayed that it would go
    But if youíre reading this, Iím already home

If youíre reading this, half way around the world
    I wonít be there to see the birth of our little girl
    I hope she looks like you; I hope she fights like me
    And stands up for the innocent and the weak

Iím laying down my gun; Iím hanging up my boots
    Tell dad I donít regret; that I followed in his shoes

So lay me down, in that open field on the edge of town
    If youíre reading this, Iím already home

If youíre reading this, thereís gonna come a day
    That youíll move on and find someone else, and thatís ok
    Just remember this; Iím in a better place
    Soldiers live in peace and angels sing amazing grace

So lay me down, in that open field on the edge of town
    If youíre reading this, If youíre reading this, Iím already home
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

What an awesome idea!

We do not stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.

*crying buckets*
    These lyrics are incredible!
    I only wish that I knew someone in the military ... or had something patriotic from here to be able to send off!!
    Patriotism is such a BIG thing for me! I love my country!
    ~Traci~

Even if you don't know someone, it would be great to do a layout because we could get many email addresses!!!

Oh and let me tell you...we were finalizing this charity announcement and took a break to watch some of the performances from a taping of the ACM awards. Both Debra and I were like "oh my gosh!!!" with tears on our eyes too....very coincidental!

I think I will be able to do this. Know of a family near hear that had a fallen soldier this past winter.

I know I can help. I'll get right on it. Holly, I've sent you an email. It would be nice to send layouts to patients in the military hospitals here and overseas, too.

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

I think this is awesome, and will definitely be contributing!
    AmyLeigh

Barbara, thanks for the info...is extremely helpful!

10. I received an email from bdjeepers about this project. What a wonderful idea! I will be gathering email addresses from my son's unit in Baghdad. Thank you!