shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: CS5 Help

CS5 Help

OK, what did I do wrong??? I can't seem to get any of my layers highlighted by clicking on the individual layer. I have auto-select on, drop down to layer and show transform controls. When I click on an element, nothing happens. I get a message that says I don't have a layer selected. What did I do??

I only use CS5 sorry, i can't give you any advice but i found this :
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photosho...b64-78d1a.html

i hope it can help you :)

try un-checking and then checking the auto select box then exit out and restart your computer.

Happens to me a lot. Re-booting usually fixes it. Or making sure the element isn't clustered in a group of layers. A lot of time layers in a group are disabled from auto-select so when you click on them it takes you to the group folder not the individual layers.

Check to make sure your Caps lock key isn't on. That one causes the worst problems with tool settings. If you have a wireless mouse change your mouse batteries.
    Last edited by SlidingKat; 11-08-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added more info

I've been following this thread, hoping that someone has the answer, just in case I ever get stuck. How's it going now?

Make sure the layer isn't locked by selecting it and looking at the padlock in the layers panel. If all else fails, dump your settings file by closing Photoshop. Then, hold down CTRL ALT SHIFT all at the same time while you start the program. It will ask you if you want to delete your settings file. You can tell it yes. This will not delete any of your styles or presets. It just resets things. If your using a MAC, it would be CMD ALT SHIFT.