shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: scrap lifting

scrap lifting

I am not a very original creative thinker, so love seeing other people's lay outs, and use those ideas to create my own pages. Is it an unspoken 'rule' to always refer to the page that inspired me? I want to do right.

I normally give credit if I do a Scraplift of someone's lo.

I love using templates as a starting point when I can't get the creative juices flowing!

Andrea Gold has some awesome templates in her Shoppe, and check out this thread showing her great Christmas Sale and a Freebie template!

Lots of scrappers will "scraplift"
    there are even ScrapLift challenges that are very fun too

Generally, it is a common courtesy to reference the page/scrapper that you have lifted. Sometimes you can even add the link to the page in the description so that other's can go check that out too, in order to see what the original may have been. To do that, you just have to follow the gallery guidelines at the site you are posting. Some places only allow you to link within their own site/store (like us here at GDS) and other sites, places like DST where scrappers come from all different stores and forums can do outside linking.

I have seen people who have added a thumbnail of the "lifted" page in their description too, which I think is really cool -- but I have no idea how to do that.

We used to have a monthly scraplift challenge here. I am not sure if someone might be picking it up, but it was always one of my favorites.

On another note, I am with Cathy. I love using templates. You can clip and paste just the way the template was designed, or you can tailor things to fit your own style too by making elements larger or smaller, rotating the template or flipping it. Those are great ways to get more than one use out of a template.

Thanks! I love using templates as well!