shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glitter

Question Glitter

How do you use glitter on a scrap book page in PSE? I have a few kits with glitter, but have never used it.

If you have the glitter sheets, you can use it by clipping the sheet to a shape or element. For example, if you have a png file of a swirl open, you can open a glitter sheet, drag it onto the swirl (it'll become a layer on top of the swirl layer), then clip the glitter sheet to the swirl by holding down the Alt key (PC) or Option key (Mac) while you click on the line between the layer names in the Layers panel. If it's to your satisfaction you can then merge the two layers and you're good to go.

If you have a glitter style, you just load that into PSE, then apply it to the layer in question to have it completely cover the non-transparent pixels in that layer. Knowing how to load the styles into PSE is another question, which is partially answered in this thread. and this one.

Thanks Dona!

I have been wondering is there a way to just glitter like the edge of an element or paper? I wanted to try this on a lo recently but had no idea where to look for advice, or even if it can be done!

4. Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    Thanks Dona!

I have been wondering is there a way to just glitter like the edge of an element or paper? I wanted to try this on a lo recently but had no idea where to look for advice, or even if it can be done!
    Interesting question... I'd love to know the answer to this as well.

Glitter

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    Thanks Dona!

Maybe a mask would work.

What I do is add a new layer on top of the background, then paint (any color) along the edge with a grunge brush (not solid) or a glitter brush (it's got scattered squares). When you're satisfied with the coverage, add a glitter style in the desired color to the layer that you painted on. The paint will take on the glitter and you haven't altered the actual background paper. You can merge them if you desire, but it's not necessary.

Thanks bunches Dona - I knew there had to be a way....now to practice this!

I tried the first glitter tip, and this is what i figured out: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...8&ppuser=26077
    and http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...4&limit=recent
    I have not tried the edge technique, but did cover the heart with glitter, and erased the glitter that covered the staples. That seemed to work well. Thanks again for the help!
    Does that look right?

Great job, looks like you did a perfect job with the glitter on the title and heart!

10. I will try that when things slow down a bit for me. I have had issues trying to clip anything in PSE6, it doesn't like to cooperate. So I add glitter with styles or in ArtRage. But I have many sheets that I haven't used yet...thanks, Dona!