shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software question???

1. Software question???

i am new at digiscrapping and to tell you all the truth, i am falling in LOVE with it. I have a question on software though. I notice that alot of you are using either Corel Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photo Elements, which one is better to use? If it is PSP, is there really a big difference in the "X" version compare to the "XI" version? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am wanting to get started ASAP! Thanks!

Michelle

There's not too much of a difference in the X and XI versions. I've used 'em both and LOVE 'em both!
    Elements and PSP are both good programs to use!
    ~Traci~

Hi, Michelle - I've used PSP for years for things other than digiscrapping. I agree with Traci that there's not too much difference between X and XI. The one new improvement, that I totally love, is the Time Machine filters that can age your pictures all the way back to the 1800s. And the new built in filters like the glamour filter and the vibrant filter. You could always achieve these looks in PSP, but the built-in filters sure make them nice and easy. I've used Elements, too, and it's an awesome program - I just find myself going back to PSP because that's what I've always used.
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

4. Hi Michelle, welcome to GDS!! As far as programmes are concerned, I use PSP X and Photoshop CS2. I am more familiar with PSP, and it's a great programme to use. One of the advantages of CS2 has to be the actions capability. There are a lot of actions out there, from paper tearing to photo-touch ups and they don't work with PSP. I would suggest downloading the 30 day trial that PSP and Adobe offer, that way you could give each programme a test run before you make the choice that best suits you. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!
    Patty

Say Hello if'n ya wanna.....userID PattyN

Whichever software you choose, be sure to "take" some tutorials to learn how to do the basic stuff. I do use PSE, but that was originally only because my PSP won't install on my Vista computer and I couldn't scrap. LOL
    ~~Julie P.~~

I use PSPX - I downloaded the trial of XI but I personally didn't find it worth paying the extra money for the upgrade for what I use it for - but then, I do also have PSCS, so that may make a difference! I recommend you download trials of PSE and PSP and see which one you prefer - there really isn't any major difference between them - just personal preference. If you start talking about PSCS, then there are major differences - a big one being the price!!

Hi ya, to download the trial versions, you can find links to them by going to our Resources > Beginner Resource menu at the top of any page. Hopefully you'll find some other information in there to help you too!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

8. Hi ladies! Thanks for the feedback. One more question though, what is "PSCS"? I am looking into the download for the PSP XI, but for some reason on corel's website it isn't allowing a trial download, I have an email into them though.

Thanks again for the help!

Michelle

9. Quote Originally Posted by shellylue View Post
    Hi ladies! Thanks for the feedback. One more question though, what is "PSCS"? I am looking into the download for the PSP XI, but for some reason on corel's website it isn't allowing a trial download, I have an email into them though.

Thanks again for the help!

Michelle
    PSCS = Photoshop Creative Suite
    HTH!!
    Patty

Say Hello if'n ya wanna.....userID PattyN

PSCS is Photoshop Creative Suite. It's the most expensive of the graphics progerams, but by far the most powerful!
    ~Traci~