shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Computer

Quote Originally Posted by landofoz View Post
    I only found this by chance, Yes it does work i just tried it again.

1. open a new file in Photoshop cs5
    2. Open Bridge and drag it over onto the photoshop page ,2 screens tick the grey box
    3. highlight 3 elements in Bridge drag the 3 items onto the layout and one will appear, tick the grey box again and another will appear they also become smart objects.

as i said i dont know if this is only in CS5 good luck
    Yes, Maggie, you're apparently using MiniBridge, which is only available in CS5. Since I have CS4, I can't use it (boohoo).

Very cool Maggie!! Thanks!

I need help , i removed ACdsee and i thought i will continue with Bridge ,now my downloads have a winzip file , how do i open them?
    can i open them in Bridge or some other way

thanks maggie

Maggie, see my answer in the other thread where you asked this.

Quote Originally Posted by landofoz View Post
    ok i thought i would like to give this a try in Bridge.
    I opened a kit, chose the preview and clicked on the paper (preview) and the first thing it said was cannot store XMP metadata
    Help!!
    Fixed that problem

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    Maggie,
    In Bridge you can either tag files or rename them. I just use the renaming, as many of the items come from the designer already named. I also use Name Mangler to help with the renaming business on a batch basis (good for getting the names consistent).

To rename a file in Bridge, just click once on the file to highlight it, then again on the name to highlight that, and change it. To tag a file in Bridge, you use Keywords. There's a Keyword panel that you add to your workspace view (see the Window menu). Once in the Keywords panel, you can see there are some categories that are defaults (Events--Birthday, Graduation, Wedding), etc. that you can use to tag your photos. So, first you need to add the various keywords you want to use, then assign them to the files. For example, you might want to tag scrap supplies with a general name like flower, then a color in addition (separate keywords).

Thereafter you can search through a whole designer's stash with one query, which is done from the "Find" located under the arrow at the top of the Keywords Panel. Or even look within a particular store site, such as GDS, for any element matching your query among all the designers at a particular store. That is only, of course, if you've set up your organization system in that particular way: Store--Designer--Kits. If your system is different, you will search differently. If you've got designers who sell in multiple stores, you might then have to add the designer's name to the keyword search.

The renaming scheme (which I use) has the additional advantage of being Finder-friendly; you can search for things in the Finder (Mac specific technique here) without needing Bridge open. If you've got the Finder showing the icons in list view, you will even be able to see a little preview in the Find results screen.

Hope this helps, Maggie. Do whatever suits your organization scheme and is easiest for you.

Yes dona i have started tagging , now i wish iwas not going on holiday lol

OK, new question!!

I've noticed that I now have many little greyish rectangular box type things that have the letters "exec" on the top left hand corner. I'm assuming this is some type of file. What is it and can I delete them???

Another new one!! This one is for Dona!

I've been putting a preview pic on my files and I don't know if I'll ever finish but I find it easier to find my stuff. My problem is that some of the pictures are really very clear and some are hazy, unclear. Why is that and what am I doing wrong?

Anna,
    That exec file is for PC users only. Just delete!

As for the previews, if you're using my technique (discussed earlier) for preview pics attached to folders, the quality will vary with the resolution and size of the image you have copied for the preview. So, if it's a real small jpg image at 72 dpi, it will be blurry and not so great.

However, the previews that get attached to files automatically from Photoshop (check your preferences settings) should all look pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    Anna,
    That exec file is for PC users only. Just delete!

As for the previews, if you're using my technique (discussed earlier) for preview pics attached to folders, the quality will vary with the resolution and size of the image you have copied for the preview. So, if it's a real small jpg image at 72 dpi, it will be blurry and not so great.

However, the previews that get attached to files automatically from Photoshop (check your preferences settings) should all look pretty great.
    Dona,
    Do you open the preview in ps and change the image size then go through the process you explained?