shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Computer

bridge

Quote Originally Posted by agarzaldynrd View Post
    Maggie, I've also tried bridge but I can't figure out how to put multiple items on my layout from bridge. Any ideas out there?
    anna , this is what happened to me as i am using Bridge since Acdsee not working, i wanted a few elements onto my layout.
    EG i highlighted 3 and only saw 1 on the page, when this happens each time i clicked on the box to accept the next one came in and landed on the layout...

ok Maggie but how did you get the first one on? Thanks for your response. Trying to use all the tools I have since they are there to help us...right??

LOL....Anna....I am so glad I am not the only one who is lost on the first step! ROFLMBO!!!!!!

I have NO clue where to even start!

You would think that as long as we have been doing this we would at least know the first step to this!! Even worse, I think I took a class that had this in it!!

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    LOL....Anna....I am so glad I am not the only one who is lost on the first step! ROFLMBO!!!!!!

I have NO clue where to even start!

Maggie, if you want to open multiple items at the same time, you can, but you can't *place* multiple items onto a page (at the same time) in Photoshop from Bridge--you have to do it one at a time. Here's some different ways to do things:

1. Open a new layout blank page. Highlight one file in Bridge, go to the Bridge menu, File--Place--in Photoshop. It will place the file as a Smart Object for you to accept by clicking on the checkmark in top grey bar. You can proceed to do multiple files like this, one at a time. Each will go in as a Smart Object which can be resized at will with no loss of resolution--good when you don't know how big it needs to be in the final layout. Once you've got it at final size, just rasterize the layer.

2. Double-click on one or more files in Bridge; they will all open as separate files in Photoshop. If you click on a different kind of document (text file or pdf file, for example) it will open in your text reader or Adobe Acrobat Reader, respectively. Click on an Illustrator file and it will open in Illustrator. You can then drag it over to your layout page, but it will have a generic name, such as layer 3, etc.

3. Select more than one file in Bridge; go to the Bridge menu bar and choose Tools--Photoshop--Load files into Photoshop layers. This will open all the files in one document (the size of the largest item), in separate layers. The nice thing about this command is that each layer is named the same as the element/paper name--a good way to keep track of what you've put on the layout. However, it's not going to put the various layers into a document you've already got open, but you could highlight all those layers in the new document and drag them to the layout doc; they'll all be named correctly and all in the same order. If you were to open a 12x12 paper and a number of elements with this method, you'd have a 12x12 layout doc with all the layers named as they were in the kit.

I don't know exactly what was meant by the error message you got from clicking on the preview; they're generally just a jpg file which opens naturally in Photoshop. You may have to check your preferences to see how you've got things in File Type Associations (which application is set to open the various file types).

Quote Originally Posted by agarzaldynrd View Post
    You would think that as long as we have been doing this we would at least know the first step to this!! Even worse, I think I took a class that had this in it!!

I know! When you figure it out, please share with me! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    Maggie, if you want to open multiple items at the same time, you can, but you can't *place* multiple items onto a page (at the same time) in Photoshop from Bridge--you have to do it one at a time. Here's some different ways to do things:

1. Open a new layout blank page. Highlight one file in Bridge, go to the Bridge menu, File--Place--in Photoshop. It will place the file as a Smart Object for you to accept by clicking on the checkmark in top grey bar. You can proceed to do multiple files like this, one at a time. Each will go in as a Smart Object which can be resized at will with no loss of resolution--good when you don't know how big it needs to be in the final layout. Once you've got it at final size, just rasterize the layer.

2. Double-click on one or more files in Bridge; they will all open as separate files in Photoshop. If you click on a different kind of document (text file or pdf file, for example) it will open in your text reader or Adobe Acrobat Reader, respectively. Click on an Illustrator file and it will open in Illustrator. You can then drag it over to your layout page, but it will have a generic name, such as layer 3, etc.

3. Select more than one file in Bridge; go to the Bridge menu bar and choose Tools--Photoshop--Load files into Photoshop layers. This will open all the files in one document (the size of the largest item), in separate layers. The nice thing about this command is that each layer is named the same as the element/paper name--a good way to keep track of what you've put on the layout. However, it's not going to put the various layers into a document you've already got open, but you could highlight all those layers in the new document and drag them to the layout doc; they'll all be named correctly and all in the same order. If you were to open a 12x12 paper and a number of elements with this method, you'd have a 12x12 layout doc with all the layers named as they were in the kit.

I don't know exactly what was meant by the error message you got from clicking on the preview; they're generally just a jpg file which opens naturally in Photoshop. You may have to check your preferences to see how you've got things in File Type Associations (which application is set to open the various file types).
    Oh Dona, you are my hero!! I LOVE #3 above. So perfect. I just did this and I like it so much better than what I was doing!!! You are the best!

Glad to help, Anna!

I only found this by chance, Yes it does work i just tried it again.

1. open a new file in Photoshop cs5
    2. Open Bridge and drag it over onto the photoshop page ,2 screens tick the grey box
    3. highlight 3 elements in Bridge drag the 3 items onto the layout and one will appear, tick the grey box again and another will appear they also become smart objects.

as i said i dont know if this is only in CS5 good luck
    Last edited by donakat; 05-02-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Donna, thanks for your input ,2heads are better than 1 or do i mean 3 lol
    i just tried method 3 and that is also very useful especially since the files are named Thanks again.im going away for a week so i have practised too much Also waiting on word back From Acdsee! glad im not holding my breath