shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't see Florida represented

1. I don't see Florida represented

So I thought that I would stop by and see if who else is from sunny FL.

2. Oh, there are lots of us here. I am from Fort Pierce. Welcome to the site.

And yep, I'm from Ft Myers area...
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

I'm in Northwest Florida, about as far west as you can get. I can see the Alabama state line from the end of my street!
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

I live in Homestead now, but we just moved here from Lehigh Acres (Ft. Myers). Before that we were in Miramar/Fort Lauderdale, and before living in North/South Carolina we were in Orlando. But I'm originally from Kansas. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by ABitDaffy View Post
    I'm in Northwest Florida, about as far west as you can get. I can see the Alabama state line from the end of my street!
    My hubby is closer to you than me today! They flew into Dothan, AL last night to visit a jobsite in Graceville, FL.

7. It is nice to know there are many other scrappers from our area. Holly lives the closest. I am south of Fort Myers. The only thing south of us, is Marco Island and then water. are you all ready for Hurrricane Season????

I can't wait for more rain...

8. As ready as I can be - got my lamps, battery powered fans - canned food - water. . . . . . . and of course, the first item - to leave when one is coming!

After seeing the aftermath of Francis and Jean which severely damaged the home - I was gone for both of them - I don't want to be here when one comes.

The one thing I learned after Jean and Francis was - it is only stuff.

All of our photos are being converted to digital as well as all important papers. and copies distributed to all members of the family.

So when the time comes - into the car goes - the laptops - external hard drives - clothes . . . . . and off I go.

9. You are so funny. Wilma hit us pretty bad. Thank goodness no real damage done to our house, but our yard, we were stuck for days not leaving. We had trees down everywhere. We were a nervous wreck, because we could not check on my inlaws. Charlie, on the other hand hit north of us, Holly prob got hit with that one. We sat outside and watched the light show. Got some really fantastic photos of the sky.

Hi, y'all!

I'm a newbie from Northwest Florida--Pensacola, specifically. We got zapped by Ivan and Dennis--with Katrina putting us out of gas for about a week. I'm soooo looking forward to another season.

Paige