shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Store Problem - paypal pay by bank account

Store Problem - paypal pay by bank account

Did something change with the payment types in the store? When I try to pay with my checking account through Paypal, this is the message I get:

Your recipient requires instant payments. To pay instantly from your bank account, simply link a debit or credit card as a backup payment source. We'll charge this card only if your bank payment can't be processed.

If I had a credit card to pay with I would just use that but I don't, that is why I use Paypal. Is there something I'm doing wrong or that can be changed?

Could use some help,

Michelle

we didn't specifically change anything with our store config or our arrangement with paypal and it's settings. Perhaps paypal has made a new policy. I'll do some checking...
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Thanks Holly, I appreciate it. I really want to get this month's collab!

I don't see anything specifically about this but i wonder if the new Micropayments feature available to buyers may have relation to this.

I changed the title of this thread with the hopes that others might take a look at this and see if they are in the same boat.

I always pay by bank account too but I believe i do have a back up funding source of a credit card on file in my paypal account.

I do have backup funding source of my debit card and also a credit card and was able to make a purchase in our store and it still use my bank account as instant transfer.

I don't own any credit cards and my ATM card does not have a Visa logo. I do have a couple cards that have the logo but they don't usually have money on them (i.e. Unemployment card, only used 2x a year & H&R Block card, only used 1x a year) so I have no way of adding a backup payment option but I've never had this problem before.

Maybe you can talk to your bank and have them switch your ATM card to a VISA or MASTERCARD debit card. They are pretty much the same as an ATM card and the money comes right out of your checking account if you use it. I had this very problem with my personal paypal account and I got a VISA debit card and used that for the backup source and they accepted it. Either way, the money comes out of my checking account. I prefer to use the VISA debit now so my bank account number isn't out there everywhere too.

Quote Originally Posted by michellemomof3 View Post
    I don't own any credit cards and my ATM card does not have a Visa logo. I do have a couple cards that have the logo but they don't usually have money on them (i.e. Unemployment card, only used 2x a year & H&R Block card, only used 1x a year) so I have no way of adding a backup payment option but I've never had this problem before.

I guess that's what I'll have to do. I've been thinking about doing that anyway, I've just been lazy! Now I have a good reason to just go and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldscraps View Post
    Maybe you can talk to your bank and have them switch your ATM card to a VISA or MASTERCARD debit card. They are pretty much the same as an ATM card and the money comes right out of your checking account if you use it. I had this very problem with my personal paypal account and I got a VISA debit card and used that for the backup source and they accepted it. Either way, the money comes out of my checking account. I prefer to use the VISA debit now so my bank account number isn't out there everywhere too.

Work-around

In case anyone ever needs to know, if you have money in your Paypal account itself, this will not be an issue. So if worse comes to worse, you can transfer money from your bank account to your Paypal account & then buy, buy, buy!

Quote Originally Posted by michellemomof3 View Post
    In case anyone ever needs to know, if you have money in your Paypal account itself, this will not be an issue. So if worse comes to worse, you can transfer money from your bank account to your Paypal account & then buy, buy, buy!

Ah hah!